Chapter Three

Shortly after leaving the stage, I almost half-ran towards the holding area but was ambushed by one of the show's crew for an interview.  I smiled and answered the question...almost robotically, I'm sure.  And then, even with my back turned, I knew he was there...behind me.

That night, I searched the net to watch all of our performance but stumbled into the my own backstage interview.  I silently applauded myself for answering that interview and looking poised and not at all self-conscious, which was entirely different from what I felt then.

There he was...Colton Dixon...co-contestant...friend...and until recently the guy for whom I chose my song for.  He looked cute as ever, too cute for comfort.  He was giving the camera a funny look from behind me while I was being interviewed. 

For an instant, I was back into that moment...during the interview.  When it ended, I think it was Skylar's or Hollie's turn to be interviewed and I remember him hugging me.  I'm not if the camera caught that.  I surely hope not.  I'm not ready to see how I looked like while he was hugging me...a friendly hug from him but not for me.  I rocked me to the core.  I didn't see myself as an actress before but I know that during the hug, I certainly deserved an Oscar for acting like it didn't matter...that it was just a hug shared by friends.  Surely, that was all it was for him.

I felt the familiar feeling in my heart again, I wanted to forget about the hug so i just sent several tweets to all my precious blu-jays.  This silly school-girl crush for Colton is not going to help me at all when I'm around him.  I sent my last tweet for the night and feel asleep...with the video of me interview and him in the background on auto-loop...