Chapter 4: Good Times

A/N Guess who followed through on the week promise... NOT ME 😭 but once I realized what I was writing I made myself promise I would finish Christmas Day. And I did at 5:52 a.m. ... ENJOY!!💙💙

My phone vibrating, along with the incoming FaceTime ringtone, woke me up. I barely had my eyes open as I answered the call knowing it could only be one of two people. I hummed once the call connected, smiling slightly as Kia spoke loudly through the phone.

"Merry Christmas, bitch.... and happy holidays too.. bitch...."

I chuckled at her mocking the famous vine.

"Merry Christmas K."

"Well that wasn't very Merry."

"I'm sorry I'm too tired to be Merry."

"Why aren't you up opening presents? Don't you have a little something staying at your house?"

I scoffed, then groaned thinking about my aunt coming to visit us for Christmas and bringing her two kids along with her.

"My little cousins? Yes. But for whatever reason, they aren't up yet. So I'm not about to wake them up."

"But it's Christmas."

She whined but I kept my face straight as I looked at her. She smacked her teeth and rolled her eyes at my face, catching a quick attitude.

"If Dinah would've told you to go wake up them kids you would've."

"Aww. Well too bad you're not Dinah."

"More like Thank God. I do not want you steady in my phone 25/8."

"It is not even that much."

She made a face at me making me smile at her.

"What? It's not."

"You're telling me you didn't just hang up the phone with her to answer me?"

"No I didn't actually. Her family have traditions they like to do on Christmas Eve so we haven't really spoken at all."

"That was a rhetorical question."

I rolled my eyes at her before closing them.

"Whatever Kia. I'm going back to bed."

"Call me back. I want you to unwrap my Christmas gift so it's like I'm doing it myself."

I scoffed, nodding just barely.

"Fine."

Right after I answered, I heard the beeps of the FaceTime ending. I let out a breath, slowly working my way back to sleep. Right as I felt myself start to actually slip back to sleep, my bedroom door opened and seconds later I was being jumped on.

"Umff. Oh my God. What is wrong with you guys?"

I groaned out, grabbing onto the two kids so they could stop jumping and moving around on me.

"Santa came! Wake up so we can open presents."

"Fine. Fine."

After being hassled for another minute because I hadn't actually moved, I grabbed my phone and made my way to the living room where the tree was. As soon as I sat down, my aunt handed me the cup of coffee in her hand.

"Thank you."

I sighed out gratefully, taking sips intermediately as my mom and aunt passed gifts back and forth to my cousins. I wasn't expecting anything other than money for Christmas; mainly because it's all I asked for and anything else I would eventually want, I could get myself with the money they gave me.