Chapter 3: All Truth

"Y/N please..."

I sighed dramatically, throwing my head back in irritation. I was FaceTiming Dinah like we did everyday for the last 13 months. But as usual since I revealed that I knew her secret, I was trying to get her to agree that us putting a title on our already exclusive relationship was something we should do; even if it was just for the people around us to know.

"Dinah I just don't get it."

"You won't ever get it cause you're not me."

I rolled my eyes at her attitude, looking back at my phone. She seemed stressed already and constantly asking her to put a title on our relationship probably wasn't helping at all.

"After all this time you should know that you being a smart ass isn't going to run me away."

Her phone was already propped on something, so it didn't move as she used the heel of her hands to rub her eyes for a few seconds. Dropping her hands down, she met my eyes through the screen.

"Can we please not talk about this right now?"

"You—"

I cut myself off. Both because I was debating if I really wanted to irritate her more than she already seemed; also because Kia came into my dorm room, immediately talking without seeing what I was doing.

"Ignore my messages all you want, but you are not skipping class again."

I looked away from Dinah to my friend standing and holding the door open from my room to the hallway.

"Tell her I'm sick."

"No. If you miss this test she's not letting you make it up unless, and I quote, 'you or immediate family is dead.'. You are obviously alive and no one close to you has died in the last 72 hours so get the hell up and let's go."

I sighed heavily, rolling my eyes again ready to tell her to tell the teacher that someone died in my family. Dinah's voice stopped me though.

"Y/N you're not missing class so you can argue with me. I have a mandatory meeting I have to go to anyways."

"Dinah I don't care about the stupid class."

"Maybe but you're not about to fail this class because you want me to give you an answer that I'm not going to give you."

"Ever?"

She just looked at me making me put my hand that want holding the phone, on my face.

"Dinah what's the point of all of this if I can't even say you're mine?"

She sighed, throwing her hands up seemingly fed up with the conversation.

"I don't know Y/N."

I shook my head, standing up and grabbing my book bag for the class.

"Alright. Bye."

I ended the FaceTime, grabbing my keys but leaving my phone plugged in on my bed. The only reason I bring my phone with me to class is because I would text Dinah the whole time (when she was available). But it was obvious that wasn't happening today.

The walk to class was pretty much silent once Kia assumed why I was upset. The silence didn't last long since the quiet was deafening even with the bustling students outside.