Snippet

Chris POV
I woke up with puffy eyes and it caused me to remember last night. I put on a shirt and then walked across to the room Jilly was in. I knocked gently and held my ear against the door and heard soft music playing so she must be up. I peaked my head in and she was laying down on her phone. "Dont you have school?" I asked while looking at her type on her phone. "I take online classes." She said not moving her eyes off her phone. "Well I guess I can drop you off at Dave's and Bernice's then." I was getting ready to close the door but she quickly got up. "No you can't Bernice is gonna be pissed and she knows I was with you last and I dont want her to assume nothing." She said while tightly gripping my shirt. "Then when how you gonna get home?" I said while taking her hands off one by one. "I'll catch the bus. I'll be fine." She gave a smile and then walked away. "Uhh alright then I gotta go to the office anyway so I'll drop you off at a bus stop on my way there." I looked at her as she gathered her things and then went back into my room. An hour later we were going our separate ways. "Thank you so much." She said whil unbuckling her seatbelt. "Thank you too." I smiled as she was getting ready to get out the car. But before she did she placed a small kiss on my cheek. I let out a sigh and watched her get out. "Oh my greatness." I said as I pulled off.

Jilly's POV
When I got to Dave's and Bernice's house Bernice was on the couch bouncing her lep up and down at a fast pace. When she heard the door close she looked at me with anger in her eyes. "Where the hell have you been?" She asked while rushing over to me. "I had my photo shoot you know that." I said while walking past her. "Don't get smart with me where were you after that?" She yanked me back towards her which caused me to get mad. "I went to Chris' afterwards damn." I said while getting out her grip. "Why didn't you come home and Chris is a grown ass man you shouldn't be over there like that." She said while yelling. "But I was so stop buggin over nothing." I walked away once again but this time she pulled me by the end of my hair causing me to fall to the floor. "Jilly I brought you into my house so you can stop with that bullshit you was doing before you got here. Don't start it again or you'll be out of my house." She spoke in a low voice through clenched teeth. She let my hair go and stepped over me to go upstairs.

Chris POV
Dave, Bernice, and of course Jilly were coming to my house to chill. Since last night and after hearing Jilly's story she's been all I could think about but I wanted to stop cause it would be wrong. My doorbell rung and I jumped up to answer it. "Aye wassup." I said while dapping up Dave. "Wassup bro." He said while walking in with a bag of Wing Stop. "Hey Bernice." I went in to give her a hug as usual but she walked passed me like I wasn't there. "Oh ok. I said while scratching the back of my head. Then Jilly walked in. I put my head down as she walked up but picked it up as she walked in. "Hello Chris." Her voice was quiet and raspy and she didn't make much eye contact with me. I gave a small wave and closed the door behind me.

I sat at the table while Dave passed out everyones plate of hot wings and noticed Bernice looking at me as if she wanted to stab me. "So Chris why'd you decide to bring my little cousin to your house after the photo shoot?" She asked while opening up her plate. Dave looked at me with narrow eyebrows then I looked away. "I was gonna drop her off at home but nobody was there so I took her back here." I said while chewing. "Both Dave and I were home so you're making stuff up." She said with an attitude. "I didn't drop her off there I took her to 55th Ln." I said while wiping my hands off with a napkin. "Jilly what made you want him to take you there?" Bernice scolded at Jilly who's head was down in her phone. "Cause I didnt want to be home with your annoying ass." She said it in a calm tone and still had her head in her phone. "Chris you do know she's a 16 year old girl right?" I ignored her question and looked at Dave as he choked on his food. "She's 16? You're 16?" He asked while quickly turning his head to Jilly. "Yes I'm 16. So what the fuck is the problem?" She said while getting up in anger. "The problem little girl is that you want to play grown and I'm not having that in my house." Bernice got up the same way right after her. "Alright then I dont have to go back!" She grabbed her stuff and stormed out slamming my door. "Bernice just to let you know when she told me her age I was hesitant and nervous and you've known me for to long to think anything like that of me." I said with wide eyes. The room filled with silence and then Bernice started to gather her things. "Well that's my signal." Dave let out a sigh and grabbed his stuff too. "See you later man." He dapped me up and then left out the door.

I walked upstairs to my room and laid down on my bed. It's crazy how that one thing caused a big ass problem I fell asleep for a few hours and didn't wake up until dark.

Authors Note// This is part of the new story I'm working on and I would love and appreciate it if you guys read it trust me it's gonna be a good book so please read it. 😭😭❤❤

Look for this cover when I publish it