Chained Heart: Chapter Fourteen

_Chat Noir_

Adrien could not sit still. His leg bounced as he tried to think, his fingers linked together in front of him. His mind went over every last detail of his dream with Ladybug. The way that she looked, the way that she seemed to be in pain. His heart twisted at the thought of her in pain.

Adrien opened his eyes, a stinging sensation on his wrists and ankles. Bruises showed up, making him that more worried. He stood up, putting his hands on his head and started to pace, glaring at Plague whenever his eyes landed on him. Plague sighed at the boy, taking his time to chew his cheese.

"Don't do that, Adrien, you know I didn't have anything to do with this." Plague said to him after swallowing, referring to the glare's he had been receiving. "We've been up all day and night searching for her for the past day. I'm sure that she will show up eventually. Maybe she'll even give you a clue to where she is in your dreams."

Adrien tugged a bit on his hair, letting out a frustrated sigh. He had looked everywhere. But he didn't feel right if he was just sitting here, doing nothing. He couldn't sleep; his body seemed to reject it every time that he tried. As though it was unable to rest unless he knew that Ladybug was safe, knew that she was alive and well, that she was beside him. At least now the throbbing pain at the back of his head at subsided.

The last time Adrien had said good bye to Ladybug, was only a night ago. As soon as he had released his transformation when he arrived in his room, he felt as though someone knocked him in the back of his head. Not long after, he had met Ladybug in his dream. When she disappeared on him, he was violently brought awake, gasping and trying to figure out why his head was hurting. Which was went Plague told him that the dream of Ladybug is actually a way of communication when the two were sleeping separately from one another.

Which meant that Ladybug was in trouble.

He couldn't sleep know that his Lady needed him. How could he even think of sleeping when she needed him to find her? He felt a jolt to his side and looked down to see welts forming on his side. Was she being tortured?! Where on earth could she be? Adrien had tears of frustration cloud his vision as he paced all the more. He could practically hear a crack as his right arm jolted in pain. He instantly held his arm and watched as great big angry welts appeared on his skin.

His mind briefly thought of how his father would not appreciate this for a photo shoot.

"Plague! We need to find her!" Adrien said, trying to straighten again. How could have possibly taken her? Was it an Akuma? Was it Hawkmoth? Who ever it was, they would not be getting a greeting from him, as Adrien or Chat Noir.

"Okay, kid, but you should really try and get some sleep. She might be able to meet you there and tell you were she is." Plague said, his tone serious. It made Adrien think. Normally his Kwami was all about joking, but now he was dead serious. But would he be able to sleep? He closed his eyes, thinking about it.

Adrien opened his eyes before he could loose his balance, and sighed. Plague was right, if he was to help Ladybug at all, he needed to get some sleep. It was Friday, and if he went to sleep when he woke up it might be night again. Adrien got out his phone, the light hurting his eyes, but opened his messages anyways.

First he texted Nino, telling him he wouldn't be able to make it to school today. Then he texted Marinette; apologizing for not being able to make it to work on their project today, and offering to work on it during the weekend instead. Not waiting for a reply, Adrien just took off his shoes, not bothering to change into sleep wear, and flopped on his bed. He put an arm over his eyes and hoped that sleep would wash him away to Ladybug.

~

As soon as recognized the white room that he was in, he ran like a hell hound was on his heels. Not too soon after, he was greeted by the emptiness of the classroom, the window full of drawing and words seemed to grow as they needed the space to write.

Adrien looked in his hand and the marker was still there. Glancing up, his eyes landed on Ladybug, his entire body relaxing at the sight. He hadn't realized how much he missed her until that moment. It was like a weight was being lifted off his shoulders; but as he went to the window, his heart twisted as he could not touch her.

A desperation seemed to take him over as he wrote, Ladybug looking up at that moment.

'Ladybug.' She smiled, getting up, and wrote herself.

'Adrien.'

Adrien felt his heart skip a beat as she wrote his name, not expecting it. He swallowed, trying to hide his worry and affection.

'Where are you?'

He looked in her eyes, both of his hands were on the cool glass. She was confused for a moment, but it soon gave away to something else. Adrien blushed as his mind slowly understood. She didn't know that she was actually talking to him, that their dreams were connected. She that this was just that; a dream. He didn't know what to think of that.

Did that mean that she dreamt of him often? ...Like he did her?

Slowly Ladybug started to write a list on the glass, looking as though the simple movement of writing hurt her.

'Water. Echo. Heavy old door. Breeze. Cars.'

Tears started to brim Adrien's eyes as he watched her, committing every word she wrote to memory.

'Basement.'

'Okay.' Adrien wrote, barely able to see. 'Chat Noir will save you.'

He saw Ladybug smile, her bluebell eyes hopeful before jerked backwards as though his by someone. At the same time, Adrien felt the blow himself, in his gut. He copied Ladybug, his arms in front of himself for protection. He looked up as she did and they both disappeared.

~

Adrien jolted up with a gasp, rolling over and holding his abdomen. He breathed hard, trying to catch his breath as Plague flew over to him worriedly.

"We need to find her Plague." Adrien said, breathless.

"What did you see?"

Adrien slowly sat up, pulling his shoes on as fast as he could, his breath returning to normal.

"She thinks that she's in a basement of some sort." Adrien said, standing up and walking to his door. He quickly locked it, making his way to his piano and pressing play on his iPod so that it would play one of the classical pieces that he was supposed to play each day. He put the music as loud as it would go, then went to the his window.

"Plague, we looked all over Paris, but we never thought to look under it." The little Kwami flew over, determination on his face. "Now lets go take a look under it. Claws out!"

~

A/N: What do you think? Think he'll find her? I hope so!

Hope you liked it! xD