Chained Heart: Chapter Seven

_Ladybug_

Not even a second after Marinette transformed, she was off to go and save her Chat. It took a significantly less amount of time to get back to him than it had to go and see Master Fu. But either way, Ladybug felt like she was stuck in molasses as she raced her way to get to him.

She swung across the roof tops; her yo-yo catching on things and releasing them as quickly as it could without dropping her. When she landed on the roof where she left Chat, she almost had a heart attack when she didn't spot him right away. Moving a piece of wood out of the way, she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding when she saw him still breathing.

"Oh, Chat." Ladybug said, tears falling again as she tenderly brought him closer to her. She put his arm around her neck and stood up with one hand around his waist. Using her yo-yo to tie them together, Ladybug took a slightly safer root; jumping from one roof top to the other with Chat's baton.

It didn't take very long at all for her to reach Master Fu's house once more. Ladybug carefully lowered Chat and herself to the street below. As soon as their feet touched the ground, Ladybug heard Chat mumble something about croissants, just before a shiver raced across his body. Ladybug looked at him worriedly and quickly went inside, where Master Fu was waiting patiently for her arrival.

When Ladybug placed Chat on the floor, on his back, with his head on her lap, Master Fu sat down by Chat's side. Ladybug gently stroked the hero's hair, tears falling down and landing on Chat's cheeks.

"It's worse than I thought." Master Fu said, making Ladybug look at him worriedly. He looked at her and gave her a small smile. "I'm sure that we can still help though."

"What do I have to do?" Ladybug asked, relaxing only a little. Master Fu looked at her, and sighed.

"This is not easy to say Ladybug..." she started, placing one hand on Chat's forehead and the other over his heart. "But you will have to bind your souls."

Ladybug gave him an odd look, not understanding.

"Right now, both Plague and Chat Noir are working together to rid the poison out of his body; which is why he has yet to detransfrom. Plague cannot leave his miraculous holder until he is sure that he has done all that he could to save him. At this rate, both of them will be killed." Ladybug felt her heart race at the news. She couldn't loose him. "The only way you can save him, is to share the load. To risk your own life to save the other."

Ladybug clenched her fist. She looked down at her Chat. All of the times that he saved her life and every time that he risked his life for her flashed through her mind. If her parents knew, she knew that they would not go against her. If her friends knew, she knew that they would not go against her. And Adrien? She knew. If she didn't do it, he probably would.

"If this fails, then you, Tikki, Chat and Plague will all die. If you succeed, all of you will survive."

"Tikki too?"

"Yes, she is your Kwami and cares for you deeply. If you were to share half of Chat's pain, then she would do everything in her power to help you. She knew this before you transformed and has already agreed to just that."

Ladybug took a moment to take it all in. even knowing that, her resolve to save Chat did not waver. If anything it grew stronger knowing that Tikki supported her too.

"What do I have to do?"

~~

_Chat Noir_

All he knew was the fire. It ran through him, like it was embedded into his blood. Darkness surrounded him, cooling him, leaving him to freeze. Chat was on his knees, arms crossed in front of him, his head down as the calm waters of his mind caught fire. Every time he felt his body move, he couldn't help but groan in pain. The fire was high as it surrounded him, but he only felt cold despite the heat from the flames.

He heard someone's voice, and slowly he looked up to it. The soft sounds of its familiar tone as it echoed across the waters of his mind. At his knees, he saw Plague laying in the water, his small body shivering as much as Chat's. Slowly, Chat picked up his Kwami, and held him up so he could see him.

"Plague..."

The black cat looked up at his name and smiled, patting his holder's thumb.

"I wont be leaving you." Plague said, "I've staked my life on it."

Chat felt tears pool in his eyes at his Kwami's words. His heart grew warm, and already he started to feel Plague's help. Like a drink of water to a dry dessert, part of the pain seemed to diminish. With Plague's help, Chat was able to make his way to the surface. He felt a gentle hand on his head, playing with his hair.

He could feel the steady drop of water on his face, making him flinch unconsciously, and he opened his eyes. Beautiful blue eyes met his green ones, concern and worry embedded in them. Chat smiled, not wanting her to worry as he heard her voice reach his ears.

"Chat! Don't you dare go to sleep! You need to stay awake, Chat!" She cried, making him confused.

Why did he need to stay awake? He was so tired, he could feel how tired Plague was too. But he could hear the desperation in her voice and tried to fight the lull of sleep. But why was she so desperate? Was there something wrong?

"M'Lady..." Chat said, bringing a hand to her face and smiling softly. He rubbed a tear from under her eye. "Don't cry.."

"Chat! Chat, I need you to kiss me. I need you to kiss me, so you better stay awake you idiot!"

He smiled, closing his eyes, not really believing his ears. He never thought that Ladybug would ever ask him to kiss her. At the back of his mind, he heard his own voice of concern wondering what could have happened for her to ask him to kiss her with such a desperation, but he pushed it aside. If she wanted him to kiss her, he'd do it.

He opened his eyes again, and tried to move his body. It felt like led, but he managed to sit up with Ladybug's help. He breathed hard, the room around him a hazy vision of lights and colors. The only thing that came into focus was his Lady. Her bright red suit and black dots were all he could see properly. He felt her hug him, and he hugged her back with one hand, using the other to keep his balance.

"You need to kiss me over the heart Chat." Ladybug whispered in his ear. Chat shivered as her breath touched his ear, and let her pull back from him a bit. He looked in her eyes, a determination seemed to be there, and nodded - not questioning her.

Leaning in, he put his forehead on her collarbone. Feeling the warmth of her skin through her suit, he slowly touched his lips to where her heart would be under her suit. He felt her heart skip a beat at the same time as his own did. He felt her hands on his cheeks as she pulled him up to look at him in the eyes.

"Oh, Chat." She said, the sadness in her voice making him confused.

Hadn't he just done as she asked? Why was she still sad? He saw her lean in, but he couldn't believe it. It wasn't until he felt the warmth of her lips on his, that the shock wear down enough for him to kiss her back. All too soon, she pulled away, his breath even shorter than before. He felt his heart skip a beat a second time as Ladybug then kissed him over the heart. He heard her whisper something, but couldn't make out what as he felt the fire in his body lessen all the more.

Not really understanding what just happened, Chat watched as Ladybug hugged him once more.

"Don't you dare let anyone else kiss you there Chat." she whispered, tears flowing down her cheeks once more. "And don't you dare leave me."

Chat tilted his head in confusion, but relished in the feeling of her hugging him. He let out a breathy laugh, feeling a bit light headed, and hugging her back. "I'm not going anywhere."

~~

A/N: Ohhhhh! What just happened?! xD

The explanation will be in the next chapter! Hope you liked it!