Chapter 13

"I hope you don't mind me barging in." My black hair covered my eyes from Levi and Eren who sat at the end of the table. Taking their silence as approval, I took a seat next to Eren. My fingers lingered over my pocket for a moment before I decided that it was a bad idea. I let out a shaky breath before slumping on the table. Everything felt exhausting to me after the Expedition. Although none of my close friends got killed but the loss..it gets to me. And of course , the news of Levi's entire squad got killed.

"Celestia." I heard a voice and a hand touching my shoulder which made my entire body twitched. My body sat straight up and my left hand immediately pried Eren's hand off my right shoulder. My left hand moved a certain angle , making Eren let out a yelp. My grey eyes met his and it finally hit me. "Sorry. It's a street instinct." I immediately let go of his hand and faced Levi. I must have twisted his hand a little too hard..

"Are you alright?" I couldn't believe Eren dared to ask such a question. "Alright? What do you mean alright? Alright that I made it out alive or is it you're asking me if I'm coping well with the deaths of the comrades around me?" I asked , turning to look at him with an unreadable expression.

"U-uh." he stuttered but I waved it away and apologized to the male. Everything is really affecting me. The stress is actually making me more..tense and cranky. I also think my sass level has gone two levels higher.

"They're late. Erwin and his damn folks are making me wait." Levi stared at the door. "Our Military escorts are gonna arrive first."  I felt a smile tugging at my lips when I saw the way he held his cup. It was still the same from years back. Old habits die hard, I guess. I remember trying to hold it the way he did but it slipped out of my fat fingers. "Maybe he's constipated,again." 

And there goes his shit jokes. 

"You're quite talkative today, Heichou." Eren looked up at the older men. I could easily see the sorrow and guilt in his normally determined turquoise eyes."Cut me some slack. Talkativeness is in my personality." Levi didn't turn to face the boy as he took another mouthful of tea. Oh, Eren. You dont know. Levi is talkative..he talks a lot for someone with that personality of his. It's just that you haven't seen him talk much before. My entire body went tensed when suddenly Levi slammed the tea cup on the saucer and winced in pain while holding his thigh. 

"I'm sorry." Eren's words caught my attention and I sat up straighter. "It was all my fault. If only I'd made the right decision.." His fists clenched as he said that. Once realizing what the both of them were talking about , I slumped back onto the table and shook my head. The death of Levi's squad. "I told you. No one could foreseen the outcome." Levi replied the guilty boy. 

I knocked my head on the wooden table once again when a familiar memory came rushing into my head. "Stop doing that. You will get a fucking concussion and I really can't be bothered to deal with anymore causualties." Levi suddenly threw a sentence towards me. "Yes,Heichou." I replied,bitting down on my lips hardly. He replied me with a 'tch'. I rolled my eyes. Oh I feel the love , brother. 

"Sorry, we are late." Erwin's voice suddenly entered my ears. I heard the sound of the wooden chair squeaking against the cement ground. I guess Eren just stood up in respect but I really..really can't be bothered now. "We've identified the person likely to be the female-form Titan. This time , we will catch her." Erwin's voice sounded determine. He always sound determine. Even when he recurited me. I guess Erwin finally caught my attention and I sat back up. 

"The operation will begin the day after tomorrow. The location is Stohess, where we'll be passing en route to the royal court. This is our one and only chance. If we can't escape there,you'll inevitably fall into the hands of the authorities. Then it'll be harder to pursue those who scheme to destroy the Walls. Mankind's annihilation will become more imminent. We must bet everything on this operation." Erwin didn't stop to take a single breath before finishing his entire paragraph.