Chapter 3

Grandmama.

The first thought that echoed in my head as I looked around me. Without anymore hesitation , I shot one of my cables at the roof of a nearby house and pressed onto the gas and shot another cable at the opposite house. Before I knew it , I was in the air.

"Celestia! Where the hell are you going!?" I turned to see Thomas shouting out to me but I shook my head and concentrated on what's in front of me.  I did the same procedure of shooting the cables at the roofs of houses.

The sight below me was familiar , too familiar. People running , trying to head to the entrance of Wall Rose as quick as possible. Children screaming..crying. It reminded me the day Wall Maria fell.

"Grandmama!"  I cried out , looking around me. Everyone was pushing around , the sound of children crying. "Dria." the old lady suddenly appearered and held my hand tightly. Her other hand also held to another girl ; Hanni.

"We are getting out of here." Grandmama said as we quickly made our way to the docks.

"What about Levi!?" I screamed, tugging at her hand. The thought of not knowing where Levi is or whether he is alive scared me. I cant possibly leave without him.

"He is safe , Dria."  she pulled me , not looking at me. 

Quickly landing on my feet in front of a familiar brick house , I opened the wooden door to see the house was empty and some of the belonging are packed away.I felt a familiar sick feeling in my stomach but I quickly felt it go away when I finally realize that it's happening.  Oh god , let it please be. I turned around on my heel and ran out of the house.

"Have you seen my sister!?" a boy who seem to be as old as 20 stopped me as soon as he saw my uniform. His hands dug deep into my shoulders as he violently shook me. I shook my head, denying that I've seen his sister. His face was filled with worry and he pushed pass me, proceeding to ask others.

Without wasting anymore time , I immediately ran towards the left. As soon as I reached the end of the alley ,I quickly bended down and pulled open the circular manhole.

The gateway to the Underground. 

I quickly jumped down and thankfully landed on cement ground. Hell , I would be so fucking pissed if I landed on the dirty sewage waters. I rolled my eyes at my complaints and quickly made my way to the center of the underground.

I looked around as I ran. This place hasn't change much. The same old people and some newcomers. Of course, it was much more calmer here but you could feel the panic in the air. "Quick! Make it to the tunnels leading to Wall Rose!" a young men stood on a crate, trying to direct the way.

Honestly , this society isn't as bad as what people make it out to be. Everyone here here goals and the main one is to survive.

It has been a long time since I last came here because of Military Training. The only time I could visit was once in two weeks when we were allowed to visit our family. I managed to push pass the crowd of people , hoping to find 2 familiar faces. Relief ran through my body when I saw a familiar brown haired girl. 

"Hanni." I shouted out and made my way towards her. She turned and gave me an excited wave before frowning. "Aren't you suppose to carry out your duties? I mean the wall has been breached, has it not?" her green eyes filed with worry. "I slipped away but only for a while. Where's Grandmama?" I looked around. "Right here , dear." a warm voice from behind said. I turned around and automatically hugged the lady behind me.

Yes. This is Maria Celestia Cromwell. 

I broke away from her embrace after giving Grandmama a kiss on her cheek and turned to face Hanni. "News sure spread like wild fire." I shook my head as I looked around me. "You know what to do , Hanni." I nodded at the girl in front of me.