fourteen

2004 words

dakota's pov

        "Lunch is ready!" Daniel yells from the kitchen. Jack rolls over to face me and let's out a little smile.

         "I wonder what he made." He speaks and sits up, throwing his legs off the side of the bed.

         "I have no clue. I'm just surprised he made something instead of ordering something off of postmates." I laugh and stand up. I wait for Jack to exit the room before slipping on a pair of black skinny jeans, a pair of gray socks and a
brownish cropped sweater before exiting the room and walking down the cold hallway. (picture down below)

        "Good afternoon Dakota!" Zach cheers from behind the kitchen counter

        "Good afternoon Dakota!" Zach cheers from behind the kitchen counter. He comes around the corner and sets out 6 plates onto the dining room table.

        "Good afternoon." I smile back. Jack sits down in the chair next the Daniel and Jonah comes trailing out after zach carrying a bowl of salad.

          "Hey Dakota, sit right here." Zach smiles and pats a end seat. I give him a slight smile and nod my head.

        "Thank you."

         Eventually all the boys sit down and Jonah raises his glass.

        "I would like the make a toast for our upcoming tour and I hope everything goes more then perfect! I can't wait for all the memories we're gonna make together! To tour!" Jonah speaks from his chair right next to me.

      "To tour!" The boys and I cheer as we clink our glasses together. We leave for tour tomorrow and i've never seen the boys happier.

       "I can not wait to play in my hometown!" Jonah sang out to Corbyn. They started going back and forth about all the different tour dates and I decided to shift my glance to the other boys. Zach was shoving the grilled chicken salad into his mouth while Jack and Daniel talks about a random instrument. Love being left out! I let out a small sigh and start to pick at my food.

        Kaboom

       "Holy shit balls!" I yelp quietly. None of the boys acknowledged the random burst and continued talking.

       "It's just thunder." Jonah reinsures me. He places his hand on my thigh and shoots me a smile that instantly gave me comfort.

      "Thank you." I smiled back. He nods his head, removes his hand and turns his attention back to corbyn.

      "Did anyone hear that?" I ask. I point towards the direction of the door but the boys continued their talking. Fine I guess I'll go answer it. If I die it's all the boys fault. I stand from my chair and make my way to the huge front doors which were located down the hallway from the dinning room.