sixteen

Dakota's POV

        "Go get Jonah!" I sail into the small boy arms. He lets out a little sigh and gives me the 'you sure' look before exiting the room and getting the boy I requested.

      "Dakota?" His soft voice quietly asks from the other side of the door. He slides it open before rushing to my side, engulfing me into the biggest hug. He presses his head onto the top of mine and slowly starts to rock back and forth, welcoming me to let my tears fall and stain his nice cotton shirt.

      "You don't need to tell me what happened I just want to make sure you're okay." He whispered and placed his large hand on the small of my back, rubbing comfort circles onto the skin.

     "Please tell me you're okay." He speaks even quieter. He pulls away from the hug and looks me into my dead eyes.

     "I'm okay but I don't think my family will be." I break out. He looks at me with confusion before opening his mouth to ask a question.

     "Why would you think that?"

      "My-my dad came back yesterday an-and he's a monster." I sob and fall back into Jonah's hard chest again.

      "Hey, hey calm down now. You have us here and nothing will hurt you while you're here." He spoke warmly and wraps his arms around me again.

      "What's so bad about your dad?" Jonah quietly asks as if the question would break me.

      "Uhm my dad, he's not a nice guy. When I was little he use to beat my mom a lot and when he would get really angry he would direct his anger towards me and and-" I sudden start sobbing just talking about it. Jonah frowns and pulls me in even tighter then I thought was possible.

      "We'll figure something out Kota, you don't have to worry about it. I promise we'll do something about it and as of right now you have us 5 to keep you safe and we al love you so much we'll do anything to keep you away from harm." His warm words speak. I nod my head and lay back onto the couch, Jonah following the movement until we were cuddled up against each other like the he days before tour.

     "Thank you Jonah." I smile just before falling asleep.

     "No, thank you."

-

3rd person POV

      "What are we suppose to do?" Zach quietly shouts as he places his hands behind his neck, not wanting to wake the beautiful girl sleeping in the room over.

      Jonah just told his band-mates about Dakotas dad and now all the boys are worried.

      "What about her sister? or her mom?" Daniel speaks up and lets out a little sigh.

      "No one should go through that." Corbyn speaks and all the boys nod in agreement.

      While the boys carry on the conversation, in the next room over Dakota stirs awake, now fully listening to their conversation.

      Why would they want to fight her battles?

      Dakota shakes her head and pulls out her nearly dead phone, pulling up the safari app and typing in the web address that will pull up a variety of items she could purchase but she knew what one she wanted, clicking on it and purchasing it with the credit card management gave her earlier in the months she could finally relieve the feeling of shame in the bottom of her gut.

-

Dakota's POV

      I slowly roll off of the couch after shutting off my phone and placing it into the pouch of the hoodie. I stand up and walk out into the living area where all the boys sat, surprised to see me.

      "Oh, uhm good morning Dakota." Corbyn speaks up and gives me a small smile. I return the smile and let out a little chuckle

      They don't know I heard everything they were talking about.

      "You guys ready for the show tonight?" I ask, breaking the awkward tension in the room. All the boys nod their head and jump up with joy for tonight.

      "Are you watching the show tonight?" Zach asks and takes a bite from the apple sitting on the small plate in front of him.

      "I think i'll sit oh on this one, sorry boys." I fake a smile and sit down next to Jack with my bowl of cereal. They'll never know.

-

      The day flys by and next thing you know the boys are about to leave for the venue.

      "I'll miss you guys." I softly speak, hugging each-one as they walk by to go to the entrance of the bus.

     "We're only going to be gone for a few hours." Jonah laughs and pulls away from the hug.

     "Oh yeah..." I smile and scratch the back of my neck.

      I'm leaving tonight.

      "Well we'll miss you too dakota." Daniel laughs and heads off the bus with everyone following behind. I let out a little sigh and head towards the sleeping quarters.

      Am I really going to leave the guys? They're going to be heartbroken when they come back to find that i'm not here.

      I shake the thoughts out of my head and sit down at the table, pulling out a pen and paper.

      I need to do this to keep my family safe. They need me right now.

      I gently press the tip of the pen against the paper and start writing my goodbye note to the boys explaining everything to them.

      Dear boys,
I know you may be wondering where I am. And as you can tell everything of mine is gone and I am no where to be found. Please don't come looking for me, I need to fight my own battles and at this moment my family needs me and I need them. You guys mean the world to me and it pains me to leave you guys, especially like this but please remember you guys gave me the best memories I could ever ask for. I'll always love you guys and there will always be a place in my heart for you guys. I am safe so please don't look for me.
                             -Love, Dakota.

      I fold the letter and place it onto the table. I wipe my tears and pull my bag out from under the bunk beds, placing all my belongings into the suitcase and zipping it up.

      I'm gonna miss this place. I made so many memories with the boys I hate leaving them like this.

      Beep

       I pull my phone out and check the notification. It was from my uber saying they're waiting out side. I let out a little sigh and give the bus one last look before walking out and hoping into the back of the uber, tears spilling from my eyes.

      "To the airport right?" The man asks without looking back. I let out a weak yes and he pulls away from the bus, pulling onto the highway.

      I'm so sorry boys.

-

Comment your reaction to Dakota leaving!

Hey guys! I'm so sorry this chapter took forever to put up (and the chapter fells rushed) but plot twist? kinda? Anyways i hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and just remember

1 MORE CHATER TILL THE END OF THE BOOK!! (pretty sure haha)

Next chapter at 10 votes and 15 comments!