My Slice of Heaven

Start from the beginning

"Right." I say.

"Our kind are called Sanglante Soif, which is French for Blood Thirsty. We crave human blood like a 'vampire' would, but we don't get our high from just blood, we get it from the flesh."

My face twisted, I could feel my stomach getting unsettled.

Noticing the change in my face he says, "Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to go into details about that."

I shook my head, "It's okay? I mean I need to know this right?"

He nods, "Yes."

"Then by all means continue."

He nods, "So in the 1600s there was a town, a village if you want to call it, where wolves and humans lived amongst each other. We kept ourselves hiding within the community, because around that time there was a more looming 'danger' at play."

"The Salem Witch trials?"

He nods, "With the towns people freaking out about their possibly being witches around, knowing that there were wolves too, would have gotten everyone killed, so we stayed off the grid, it wasn't until something happened which caused an uproar around the town and lead to an innocent getting killed. The Rebels were behind it and ever since then we have not trusted them, and we do as much as we can to stay away."

"So are the people who surrounded us in the woods, were they Rebels?"

He nods, "They come from a long line of killers, they worry about themselves more than others," looking away he says, "But not all of them have been that way."

Watching Harry as he stares ahead at the fountain I remember that he knew one of the guys, he even called him by his name.

"Were you and the one you called Lewis or Louis, an old friend of yours?"

He nods, "Louis," he says correcting me, "and I grew up together, we were in the same pack and lived by the same rules. It wasn't until we were about 8 when everything changed."

"What happened?"

Harry stands and walks to the fountain, "He watched his mother and father get killed by humans on a night of a full moon." Pulling the necklace from under his shirt his grips it in his hand tightly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked slowly standing.

Harry shakes his head as he stares at the water.

My heart felt for him, it was like I could feel his heartache like my own. Walking slowly to him I stood at his right side and raised my hand and placed it gently on his arm as I say, "I'm sorry."

Harry looks down at me, "For what?"

"For the pain you have about your friend. I can tell you were close."

Harry raised a brow, "And how is that?"

I looked down at my shoes and shrug, "I can feel it."

Looking back up Harry looks like he was about to say something buy stopped as he stares back at the fountain. Raising his left hand he covers mine that touched his arm as he says, "I'm sorry for bringing you into this. With them knowing now that I have willingly changed in front of you, they're going to try to use you."

"Use me how?" I ask.

Harry shrugs, "I don't know, but its obvious that you have become a person of interest to them, considering they've were willing to attack you in public."

"How am I a person of interest? I mean I'm nothing special."

"I deny that fact, because you Pebbles, are something special." Looking back at me he says, "I just don't know what is so special about you that has attracted their attention." Taking his hand off of mine he turns and walks towards the bench.