"You don't have a choice." Jess said. "Looks like he was already prepared about it."

"What colour is it?" I asked him.

"Pink." He replied.

"What??" I yelled at him. "You know I hate pink!"

"What, I actually bought it for my fiancee before we got married. How am I supposed to guess that you'd turn out to be in her position?"

"So now I'm wearing someone else's clothes." I said, and slumped back in my seat.

"Skylar, stop throwing tantrums." Jess said. "You need to act more mature now. You know we don't have a choice in this matter."

"Of course we do!" I said. "Cancel all of this and it will be the end of the discussion."

Jess gave me a look. "It's your reception. You're supposed to go have beauty treatments in the spas and worry about making everything look perfect in the event but here you are, stressing over a hangover with a bunch of pills and plotting ways to cancel the big epic party that you're throwing in your life."

"Well, technically, I'm throwing it." Ethan said, slightly glancing up to look at us.

I gave him a blank stare. "Seriously? You thought that would make me feel better?"

"I never tried to make you feel better but sure, if you.."

"Okay, stop it." Jess said and looked past my shoulder at the door. "Do you want me to get to the door and scare them away or.."

"Did someone knock?" I asked her.

"No. They rang the bell. Probably to complain of lack of sound proof walls here. You better tell them what happened last night." She smirked.

I glared at her and stood up. Clutching my hair with one hand, I pulled open the door. There stood a bunch of unfamiliar faces, neatly dressed in uniforms with extra make up and hair spray.

I turned to look at Ethan who just shrugged. "It's our reception party. I want my wife to look perfect."

***

The throng of people who showed up, didn't really go gentle with me. They literally grabbed me to a room downstairs, which was owned by Ethan, and gave me the spa treatment that I needed. Okay, I was looking fine. I didn't really need those manicures and stuff but I had to get them done anyways.

Why?

Because everything in my life is controlled by two people.

1) Jessica

2) Ethan.

And at times, when these two people are slightly busy mind their own business, my profession acts as their replacement and rules my world.

Although it seems fun at some point of time, but mostly it's like being a slave in your own Kingdom. So, the tribe that came in to transform me into the cinderella that was ready for the royal ball, took a break from torturing me.

I sneakily escaped from their captivity and went up to Ethan's house. He was not around. Thank god.

I finally could have some peace, after enduring such pain. I went into the kitchen and grabbed myself a glass of juice. Jess had some work regarding the reception party, so she left early after leaving me with the tribe. Ethan probably had some office work to finish to let himself free this evening. I sighed and settled down on the counter and drank the juice.

When my thirst was quenched, I felt an immense pool of satisfaction spread through me. I made my way upstairs, the house sounding extra calm and lonely. I ignored the weird feeling in my chest and went into Ethan's room.