No More Chaos

Joe's POV

These past few weeks, while we've been wrapping up filming, have been torture. Any interaction I've had with Sandy has been awkward and tense. It's even worse since the last scenes we had left were Steve and Madison scenes so it was just me and her in between takes not knowing what to say to each other. A part of me wanted to let her know that I was listening through that door weeks ago. I wanted to talk to her about it and just hear her opinion about the situation without having to eavesdrop through a door. 

"Okay everyone that's a wrap, thank you to Sandy, Mona, and Joe who's last scenes were today. Ross and I are so lucky to have you three as a part of this team and we cannot wait to welcome you back next year for season four. I hope you all have a peaceful couple of weeks before the chaos of interviews and promos begin. Go home, go rest, and get ready. Thank you." Matt Duffer says wrapping up the day.

I go to the hair and makeup trailer and start cleaning up all my things, gathering my bags, and moving all my things to my car. I go back on set to sweep out my trailer when I get stopped by Gaten. He looks at me for a second and then hugs me. 

"I'm going to miss doing scenes with you," he says sadly looking up at me, "Don't tell the other kids I told you this but filming won't be as fun without you." 

I laugh and look down at the boy whom I've become especially close with these past few months, "Don't worry bud, in just a few more weeks you'll be doing so many interviews with me you'll never want to see my hair again." 

As Gaten walks away I see Sandy and Mona across the set. I feel them staring at me but when I look up again they are both sitting on their phones. I decide to man up a bit and walk over to them.

"Hey," I say trying to start a conversation with either one of them, "So I guess this is goodbye for now." 

They both put their phones away and stand up, " We're going to miss you, Joe," Mona says as she leans in for a hug. I hear her whisper in my ear, "Don't give up on Soe, it'll happen just give it time" She takes a few steps back to give Sandy room to move forward.

"I can't wait for the promos and interviews to start," She says smiling at me, opening her arms signaling she's going in for a hug, "I'll see you again soon Joe." We hug for a while before the Duffer brothers come up to us. 

I hear a camera snap a picture but I disregard it being too tired to figure out where it came from. I let go of Sandy and turn to Matt and Ross. I say my goodbyes to them before getting in my car and driving off, finally being able to relax.