9: Kiss or Diss

Chapter Nine

My breathing hitched. The room was spinning and I could barely stand on my legs. I was still counting the seconds from when Adam left. I had followed his instructions. Not daring to make a sound as I stood like a statue in the middle of the coat closet. I stared at the door in silence, waiting for Adam to hopefully come back. Tears spilled from my eyes, blurring out the darkness. What the hell was happening?

I heard footsteps heading up the stairs and my heart sped up. The knob swivelled and I clenched my fists just when the door opened. Shit, shit, shit! I swung my fist towards the large figure in front of me and hit him aimlessly at the nose. My knuckles made a loud crack and I retreated my hand back in pain.

"Shit!" He grumbled. "Kat! What the hell?"

"You scared me!," I defended.

"And that gives you permission to hit me?, "He said in an annoyed voice.

"Can't you just shut up and tell me what the hell is going on?!"

My tears spilled and my knees gave in, falling forwards onto the carpet, probably leaving a rug burn there. Ouch. He sighed, getting on his knees in front of me. He pulled me onto him, making me straddle his lap and he pulled me into a reassuring hug, leaning against the wall.

"I'm sorry baby girl, I can't."

I pulled back. What?!

"You can't do that Adam! You left me in there for three minutes and twenty-two seconds, alone. You can't just tell me no!"

"No."

I groaned in annoyance and slapped him on the arm. That was the wrong move at the wrong time. I had probably broken my knuckles from the punch I had surprised him with earlier. A strong burn ran through my hand when I pulled back. I bit my lip trying to hold in more tears. Apparently, it was obvious that I was in pain. Adam eyed my hand in pure amusement and concern.

"Aww," he said softly, pulling me towards him again, "I'm sorry baby girl, I didn't mean to do that, does it hurt?"

My eyes welled up in tears but my gaze stayed on his concerned eyes, nodding. "Come here," he recited, getting up, carrying me with him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, cupping my now broken knuckles. He carried me into his bathroom one more time and settled me down on the counter right between the two sinks.

"Isn't your nose the one that's supposed to be broken?," I challenged. He just shrugged and plastered a smug grin on his face.

^*^*^*^

After going through a series of crying, kicking, and complaining, Adam had finally managed to wrap my knuckles after half an hour.

"Adam, can you please tell me what happened now?," I begged as we sauntered back towards the kitchen.

He looked at me uneasily, then sighed. "Look, my past wasn't exactly the brightest one and I don't think I'm gonna have a future either."

"What do you mean?"

He finally gave in, "Right when you left to clean up upstairs, a.. friend came over for a visit. I'm giving you that much."

I pouted my lips defiantly. "Well whoever your 'friend' was, you sure as hell was scared of him."

"I think I'd much rather preffer acquaintances. Or brutal enemies."

"I'm not surprised, you're like a walking bacteria." I smirked. "Just tell me already!" I demanded. He scowled at me but didn't say anything.

We sat on opposite ends of the couch. He slumped down and I sprawled myself out without any care in the world. There was a peaceful moments of silence, then Adam got on his knees and crawled himself towards me. His large figure hovering over mine. Both legs and hands on either side of my thighs and face. He had a confused look on his face and without warning, dropped his weight on me, wrapping his arms around my waist, burying his face in the crook of my neck. I let out a silent 'oof' before he inhaled my scent and rested his forehead against mine, teasing my nose with his.

"Are you wearing my cologne?" He asked confused. I just blinked, looking into his baby brown eyes. I was now planning on ignoring him for as long as I could until he told me what was going on.

His face fell to a frown when he noticed I wasn't going to give him an answer.

"Are you ignoring me?" He huffed. His eyes narrowed. He pushed himself off me, straddling me.

"I'm warning you now, and I'm warning you once woman, you do not want to keep doing that."

Blink. Blink. He snapped. Jackpot! I held in a smile, tempting to spread across my face.

"You will not ignore me!"

He pulled me up from the couch and lead me roughly to the kitchen. I had no idea what he was planning to do but I hope it didn't involved a knife. He turned to me when we neared the sink and with one swift movement, sprayed a shower of water on my face with the sink hose. Haha, hell, I wasn't going to give up.

Blink. Blink. Blink. He glared at me, then sprayed water across my face, again. And again. And again. I was now nearly soaked and water was dripping everywhere. Giving up, he settled the hose down on the holder and sighed, looking me dead in the eye.

His hands immediately grabbed my hips and pulled them against his, hard. He started backing me up towards the kitchen counter until I was back to back with the wall, either hands trapping me in between. He leaned in, resting his forehead against mine. His facial expression was unreadable. I took a sharp intake of breath when I felt his hard chest against mine, plastering me to the wall.

Great, now I was being made into a Kat sandwich which I clearly do not enjoy.

"I got you wet," he playfully winked  in a suggestive manner. My cheeks heated up almost immediately, filling myself with rage and humiliation. Still not talking.

"It's either talk now or I won't stop, kitty." He mumbled, trailing down kisses from my forehead to my nose. He stopped for a moment, expecting an answer, but my stubborn 'left side' wouldn't let me open my mouth.

"Alright," he whispered. "I can do this all night." He finished in a husky voice. He eventually managed to kiss his way down to my neck, letting his soft lips graze them seductively while shivers overtook my conscience.

Mr. Player is about to lose the game he asked for.