Eli, The Goose And Me

Start from the beginning

"Would that be all, sir?" The waiter questioned, writing down our order on a small black notepad.

"Yes, that is all." Elliot replied, turning towards me and smiling. I watched as the waiter nodded his head towards us before making his way towards the kitchen area. I turned to Elliot with a smile. 

 "Thanks for taking me out, Eli. It means a lot." I said, tightening my hold on his hand and I meant every word. I really did need to be away from home sometimes, especially when it got heated with my mom and I felt I never had anywhere else to go. 

Elliot grinned, looking into my eyes.
"Shut up." He said shortly, making my eyes widen at the command. I stuttered for a moment before answering.

"Excuse me?" I asked, confused, making him laugh and this only made my eyebrows further more.

"From now on, there will be no 'please' or 'thank you's. Understood?" He said firmly. I smiled as I processed the actual meaning of his words before raising an eyebrow.

 "Oh?" I questioned, a joking lilt to my voice. "Is that so?"

Elliot nodded firmly, the mirth dancing in his emerald eyes.
"Yes" He put it simply and concisely, making me giggle slightly, but I composed myself.

I grinned widely.
"Please, please, please, please." I taunted, leaning back into my chair. Elliot narrowed his eyes, folding his arms across his chest.

 "Alex, you'd better stop that or else." He threatened jokingly.

I leaned forward, my eyes challenging.
 "Or else what?"

Elliot thought for a minute, rubbing his chin, before smiling brightly.
"I'll find a way to cover up your mouth to make you stop." He said, his eyes filling to the brim with anticipation. I smiled in response, returning a look that was similar to his own. There was no way in hell that he would shut me up.

"Go ahead, but you won't be able to make me stop" I pointed out.

Elliot leaned over the table, placing his face just a few inches away from my face. The familiar smell of his breath emanated from his lips and wafted around my nose-Coffee beans.

"Let's see if this stops you talking." He whispered, his breath tangling with mine.

Was he trying to kiss me again?! Did I want it or not?- that was the main question. I contemplated the pro's and con's of going through with it. His face inched closer, his eyes shutting gently.

To heck with it.

I didn't have enough time left. I've always dreamed about my first kiss and yet my first kiss was with someone who only associated with me for the sole benefit of himself. I had given it to him in a drunken stupor and he had danced the night away, grinding with that girl from the party.  I had always wanted my first kiss to be with someone who cared for me and treated me well. That was not Aaron. That was Elliot- the boy who, at this very minute, was leaning over a table to kiss me.

I leaned towards him, closing my eyes and awaited the feel of his lips against mine. I felt the warmth of his skin come closer and I knew he was right in front of me.

The warmth did not last for long.

 "Here is your food." The waiter interrupted, placing plates on the table. He then stood up straight, smiling to himself. I smiled back to him kindly, my heart still thudding in my ears now from what nearly occured. I let myself have a brief think about what happened and how hastily it had happened. Of course, I wanted to get to know Elliot more and, perhaps, if I hadn't given myself up to Aaron's favour, I would have pursued the chance. Yet, now I couldn't. I had made a promise and I had to keep my word.