Ch. 3-A Day Out With Cole Pt. 1(Editing Finished)

Kai POV

Cole and I walked into the dinning room together where the others were waiting. "You guys didn't have to wait for us." Cole said as he took a seat on the bench, I sat next to him. "It is the polite thing to do my friend, I would hope you would do the same for us." Zane replied as he finished setting up the serving dishes.

Cole laughed and smiled, "We appreciate it, but I'll let y'all set your plates first, as I was late to the party." "Yeah you were, what took you so long anyway? Did Kai hurt himself running into a wall because he was too busy ogling you." Jay teased as I choked on my water. "No I did not! And I wasn't ogling him, just appreciating the view. Is that a crime?" I fired back as the table erupted into laughter, minus Nya. Her face was wrinkled with frustration.

"Come on guys, lets eat. Besides, I'm not that good looking." Cole said modestly. "Liar!" The rest of us exclaimed. "Cole, my guy, my buddy, my brother in all but blood. If it were possible you'd have bruises in the shape of Kai's eyes with hard he stares at you most days." Lloyd teased further, it's good to see him out of bed after so long. I thought as the rest of the table was still laughing, minus Nya, who's mood did not get better.

Cole blinked as a blush formed on not only his face, but mine as well. Was I that obvious, truly? "Alright, settle down ninja. I wanted to let you know I'll be giving you a week of no training. Starting today, you will be relaxing and working on not only your physical health, but your mental health as well. For the body can only be as strong as the mind will let it." Said Sensei as he set his own plate.

I could feel Cole's eyes burning through my skull. "Alright, just ask, cake for brains." I teased as he laughed. "Hey, I think about more than cake! Sometimes I think about crystals, or what I'm gonna eat today." Before I could tease him further, he continued," And sometimes, I'm thinking about you." My voice died in my throat at his statement. A blush forming on my face once more.

"I-I think a-about you sometimes t-too." I stuttered out as he laughed again, "Evidently. Now, Kai Smith, elemental master of fire, apple of my, would you like to have a day out with me tomorrow?" He asked as he turned in his spot slightly to look at me.

I blushed and smiled,"I don't see why not, I have nothing better to do." I teased as he pushed me lightly, laughing with the rest of the table. I looked around at the family I made for myself and smiled brighter. How did I get so lucky?

In my bliss of ignorance, I missed the venomous look my own sister was sending me, this was not going to end well.

»»————><————««

The next day

I was getting ready for my day out with Cole when my thoughts became too loud. Ugh I'm so nervous! What if he doesn't want to hang out with me after this. No! No, let's not think about that right now, I need to get ready. Let's try to stay as positive as possible. Note I said 'try'. Oh to the first spinjitsu master this is going to kill me from the inside out.

"Hey Kai are you ready?" Cole asked as he peaked his head into our room. "Aaah! Don't do that shit! We're the loudest ninja to ever exist on missions but now is the time we decided to actually be sneaky!!" I exclaimed as he scared the shit out of me. "Oh I'm so sorry! Does my residential hot head need a hug?" He asked teasingly as he held open his arms for a hug. I would have used my words if I wasn't so flustered that he called me 'his'. So I just walked into his arms with my arms crossed in front of my chest to slow my rapid beating heart. He then wrapped his arms around me, started swaying, and then started humming a song I'd introduced to him ages ago when I found about his secret love for music.

From the corner of my eye I could see Nya glaring at us through the doorway. "Hey Kai, can I talk to you for a sec before you guys head out I have something important to tell you." She said with a fake smile plastered on her face and I think Cole noticed too because his face played down in concern. "Is everything alright Nya?" He asked as he looked at her face, squinting his eyes to get a better look at her without moving from my embrace. I wasn't even hugging back I was just standing there enjoying his body warmth. 

I had no time to protest as she pulled me from his arms. "Oh everything's fine! I just need to tell him something before I forget." She lied as she pulled me out the door with her. He looked so confused by her insistence. "Um okay but try and make it quick. I have a long day of fun planned." He said with a bright smile. She smiled back and replied with an, "Okay!"

"I'm warning you Kai, this will not end well for you if you go through with this." She said in a threatening tone. I glared at her and spoke, "Is this about what happened yesterday? I already told you Nya he is his own person." I stated as I went to walk away. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. This is in the name of science Kai!" She exclaimed as she grabbed me by the arm.

I couldn't stop the glare that was forming in my eyes. How could she say that? She can't be serious? "Hey guys are you almost- Kai you okay?" Cole asked as he walked out to join us in the hall. "Yeah I'm good, seems I'm gonna have to have a long talk with my sis when we get back. Come on, lets get going." I said as I walked away from Nya, holding Cole's hand and dragging him with me.

We began to walk out of the bounty and onto the main deck where Zane was meditating with Lloyd while Jay was telling jokes to try and distract them, mostly Zane, but of course they were working on making Lloyd. "Guys we're heading out we'll be back later so Zane don't worry about making us a plate for dinner." Cole said as he was brought out his elemental dragon, Mari.

Zane nodded showing he understood and the others went on as usual. I tried to ignore Nya's stabbing glare to the back of my head as Cole helped me up onto Mari. Once I was comfortable on her back, I leaned forward and started to scratch behind her horns. "Hello again my sweet angel! Has your daddy left you cramped for too long?" I baby talked to the dragon as Cole scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I let her out plenty, you just spoil her too much." He said as he got on behind me. "Well someone has too! I take care of all our dragons! They have to carry us around all the time, why not love them a little extra?"

"Kai's not wrong. We should all go take our dragons out flying tomorrow! It'll be fun!" Exclaimed Lloyd. I smiled at him and laughed. "Sounds like a plan Lloyd! We'll see y'all later!" And with that Mari spread her wings and we were off.

 Cole's POV

I heard everything. I don't get how she can be so hung up on this 'the name of science' thing, that she's willing to mess with not only my emotions, but her own flesh and blood. I remember when we had to save her from the skeleton army. Kai was so distraught and focused on getting her back, that he didn't eat or sleep properly. For her to act like this after so long of Kai keeping her safe and taking care of her. You'd think she'd want him to be happy with someone he likes.

That's my job now. I'm gonna make sure that he's the happiest he can be today. Even if it kills me.

»»————><————««

A/n- and that's another chapter done with editing! Time for the next one!

Dean Out!