Time for an upgrade

(A/n so I had already written some of the chapter already, but like an idiot I closed wattpad wrong and now I have to try and remember what I wrote. This will be fun.)

Kai POV

"I'll do it." I said, my nerves slowly coming to the surface. "Now are you completely sure? The process can be very painful." He said, concern and worry in his eyes. "How bad will it hurt?" I asked, fiddling with my tea cup. "It'll be a mild discomfort, as well as your body feeling like it's on fire, but you should be used to that by now." He said with a bit of a smirk.

I chuckled. "Any remedys you can think of that'll help the pain?" I asked as smile formed on my face "I can whip up a tea that can help a little. Some bed rest won't hurt either, especially with a certain master of earth who I'm sure wouldn't mind keeping you company. " He said with a smirk and a wink. I blushed red and laughed harder. "Whatever you say goes Sensei." I said as I took a deep breath.

"Ready?" I nodded after another deep breath. "As I'll ever be." With that, he handed me the tea cup and I took one final, big, long breath, and downed the whole cup. It took a second before I felt anything, but the pain set in not too long after that thought. I doubled over in pain as the tea started to take it's effect. "I'll go fetch Cole. " Sensei said as he helped me lean over the table and not laying on the hard floor.

Not a minute later, a very worried Cole sped through the door. "Sensei, what happened? Is he okay? Was it Morro? " Cole asked, panic being very clear in his eyes. "He will be fine Cole. After some bed rest and quality cuddles, he shall be good as new, and ready to start training." He said, wisdom shining in his eyes. "Training? For what? " Cole asked as he gently picked up my limp body.

"I'm sure Kai won't mind explaining later when he feels up to it?" "Of course sensei, I'll tell him everything, now please get me to bed. I'm very tired." With that said, Cole quickly took us to our shared room.

»»————><————««

Cole POV

After helping Kai settle into bed, and then settling myself, Kai had explained what had happened. "So, you're now not only the master of fire, but the master of water too, once the tea passes through? Am I correct, because stop me if I'm not." I said as I rubbed Kai's sides lovingly. "Are you mad?" He said as he seemed to try and shy away from me. "What? No of course not! I could never! This is great news babe." I said smiling, showing I wasn't angry.

"Well, it's just, I don't know, I thought you'd be mad I didn't tell you sooner." I looked at him in disbelief. "Babe, I found out, not too long after you did. What right would have to be mad you didn't tell me? We practically found out together." I explained as I pulled him closer to me. "I don't know, you could've at least been in the room with me." He said as he snuggled into the bed.

I rolled my eyes, smiling at my boyfriends silly insecurities. "Baby, it doesn't matter, it's not something that important, it's your birth right, sort of." I said as he snorted at me. "Technically, it's Nya's birth right but, this is her way of finding redemption, it's kind of working." He said with a chuckle. I smiled, "at least she's trying." I said with a hum as I snuggled into his hair.

"Ugh, it's not fair." He grumbled as he snuggles further into the bed. "What's not fair?" I asked as I lifted myself onto one arm to get a better look at his face. "Hmm oh I don't know, maybe this?" And before I could stop him, he rolled over and went right through my body, oh yeah, I almost forgot. I sighed as I rolled over to where Kai was lying down.

We're both lying on the bed on our sides, facing each other. "I hate that stupid temple and what it did to you. I know you can still touch me, but I can't touch you, you're touch is great, but not being able to feel you with my own hands. It's just not the same. " He said as he turned his head into the pillow. "Hey, hey, I know it's sucks, it really does but I'll be back to normal soon, I promise. " I said as I turned his head so his beautiful face could be facing me, only to see it covered in tears. "Don't even think about wiping them away, it'll only leave you hurting." He said before I could even move my hand to do so.