↳ river vixen

( river vixen )
imagine by: twistnet

WARNINGS: none

Glancing over yourself in the locker room mirror, you pulled at the hem of your cheer skirt for what seemed like the tenth time. It wasn't that you felt confident in the uniform or disliked how it fits you. It was the fact that the Riverdale Bulldogs were playing the Southside Dragons.

You, your boyfriend Sweet Pea, and the gang were all planning on going to the game due to one of the younger Serpents being a player on the football team.

So, this would be the first time Sweets and his friends would see you.

While you had previously had no intentions of joining the River Vixens, Veronica and Betty had persuaded you to join. Resulting in your current position.

"Alright, ladies! Get ready to go out!" Cheryl called from the center of the locker, causing the rest of the girls to go over each other for final checks. You grabbed your poms from your leader, fixing the small baby hairs sticking up before joining everyone else to head out to the field.

When you arrived, everyone broke out into their groups. You made your way over to B and V, taking a seat next to Betty.

"Glad you could join us girl." Veronica gave a small wave and her signature smile as you made yourself comfortable.

"You nervous?" She asked, patting your shoulder in comfort.

"Not for the game... just for-"

"If he loves you, he'll be supportive of you." You sighed, having heard Betty say that very thing multiple times before. Veronica, however, looked surprised as ever.

"Who loves who?!" She exclaimed loudly.

"(Y/N)'s boyfriend." Betty answers for you, watching as Veronica's face widens with shock.

"You have a boyfriend and you didn't tell me?!"

"Because I didn't want you to do that." You gestured to her.

"I'm offended."

"Sorry, Ronnie."

"Is he going to be here at the game?"

"He is. But I never really got the chance to tell him about this." You state, flipping your poms

"I don't get to see him very much, and most of the time it slips my mind."

"Well, I agree with Betty. He will support you no matter what." There was a long pause before Veronica turned back to you with an expectant look.

"So, am I going to get details?" You and Betty shared a look with each other.

"Are you gonna freak out?"

"What do you mean? You're not dating a Serpent are you?" As the words left her mouth, the air became tense. Veronica instantly knew her answer.

"You are..."

"Yeah." You looked down at your feet, not so much ashamed, just waiting for the ridicule.

"But Veronica, he treats her so nicely. He truly loves her. Isn't that what's important?" Betty asked her friend, wrapping an arm around your shoulder.

"I guess. I'll still have to meet him." She settled, a smile forming on her face.

"I think that can be arranged."

"The games about to start ladies! Get ready!" Everyone stood up, brushing the dust from their skirts and grabbing their poms. You found yourself looking up into the stands. The color slightly draining from your face when you saw the trio sitting with a group of Serpents.

"Is he here?" Betty asked from your right.

"Yeah, I see him. He's over there with Toni and Fangs." Betty followed your gaze, nodding when she also found them. Talking with their surrounding group and being rowdy.

"You three. Go to the other side of the stands, but stay on the Bulldog side." Cheryl spoke, waving the three of you off to the other side. You were joined by other girls on your team, quickly getting in your formation.

"If he didn't know you were a River Vixen, he should know now."

"I'm just worried about his reaction." Betty gave you a confused look, "Cause he hates Northsiders. I'm the one he loves to be around. I just don't want him to think anything differently. Like, see me as some privileged Northsider."

"I don't think you have anything to worry about." She smiled, "From what you told me, he loves you."

"And I love him. With all my heart." Looking back up into the stands, your eyes lock with Sweets. His eyes widen in confusion, motioning with his head to behind the stands before getting up and leaving.

"Excuse me." You whisper, dropping your poms by the fence and running to the back of the stands, finding Sweets waiting for you. He looks up at your approach, a small smile on his lips. You stop in front of him, fidgeting with your fingers while he looks you up and down.

"Since when was this a thing?" He gestures to your River Vixen uniform with an amused smirk.

"A couple weeks ago."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Just slipped my mind." Your voice was quiet, Sweets taking notice rather quickly and taking a step toward you in concern.

"Princess, why do you keep looking away?" His fingertips brush your cheek, trying to get you to look up at him.

"I..."

"Do you think I'm mad? Cause I'm not, baby. I promise."

"I was just scared you would find out and you would look at me like you do with every other Northsider." You finally meet Sweets eyes, watching as they soften ever so slightly

"Not even a chance princess. I do have to say that you look smokin' in your uniform." He leans forward, his lips ghosting the shell of your ear, "Almost makes me want to take it off of you right now."

"Sweets! We are at a game!" You lightly shout, smacking him on the arm.

"I'm perfectly aware of where I am, princess." He chuckles, pulling you in for a hug. The smell of leather and pine surrounding you as your nails bit into the jacket, running over the Serpent logo sewn into the back.

"You can later."

"I am holding you to that baby." Sweets chuckled but it was cut short as his face hardened. Pulling back from the hug just a slight bit.

"But while we are on this subject, none of those stupid jocks better even look your way or I'm gonna-" Sweets didn't finish as your lips cut him off, his anger disappeared as he kissed back. His hands finding your hips. Slightly hiking the skirt to rest his hands on your ass.

"You have nothing to worry about it, babe." You mumbled against his lips with a smile.

"We can talk more after your game. You probably need to get back and cheer." He unwrapped his arms from you, pressing a kiss to our forehead before pushing you toward the field.

"Right. I love you Sweets."

"Love you too, (Y/N)." You smiled, running back out to the field. Sweets waiting until you hooked the corner. Sweets walked back to his seat in the stands, Toni shooting him a look.

"So, she's a River Vixen?"

"No. She's my River Vixen." Toni rolled her eyes, punch the boy next to her rather roughly.

"You two are the most cringy couple ever."

"I guess we are." Sweets turned, looking over at this girl down on the field. Watching her cheer aside her friends. You looked up catching Sweets eyes once more. You winked before turning back to your cheers.

Damn, he was lucky to have you.