↳ boys night

( boys night 1-2 )
imagine by: arch1eandrews

WARNINGS: none

I knew that Reggie was out at a bar with his guy friends tonight, so this was undoubtedly a drunk text. I barely knew Reggie until a few weeks ago. He had offered me a lift home after school, when it had been pouring with rain and I was wearing little more than a t-shirt and shorts. He had asked for my number, giving me a typical excuse that it was so he could pick me up for school in the mornings, and this way I could contact him easily.

Since then, we had continuously flirted, sending texts to each other throughout the day. I had become so invested in him, that I had even decided to attend a Riverdale Bulldog's game, just to watch him sprint across the pitch to lead the school team to an inevitable victory. Besides that, we had stayed strictly friends, though I could not help the somersault that my heart had done in my chest when his name flashed up on my cell phone screen.

Reggie Mantle: heeeyyy you#

I chuckled as I read his message, typing my response quickly.

Me: Hey Reg. How much have you had to drink? ;)

A few minutes passed before I received a reply.

Reggie Mantle: not many just a one or two

Me: Are you sure about that?

My phone screen lit up to signal a new notification. The familiar symbol appeared on my screen to indicate that I had received a snapchat. I rolled my eyes, knowing now that I would be receiving some drunken Reggie selfies. Though I didn't want to admit it, I was secretly excited about the prospect of seeing the drunken jock's angelic face.

1 NEW SNAPCHAT.

Reggie Mantle (bulldogmantle)

A photo flashed up on the screen of Archie and Reggie, both dressed particularly smart, with the caption "Bois"

A photo flashed up on the screen of Archie and Reggie, both dressed particularly smart, with the caption "Bois". They had been out for a celebration dinner for the end of football season, and had headed to the bar afterwards with the rest of the bulldogs. I inhaled quickly, the short huff of breath hitching in my throat as I looked down at the gorgeous raven-haired boy and the handsome red-head beside him on my phone screen. The urge to screenshot the image was unbearable, but I wasn't sure how drunk Reggie was and if he'd remember. The last thing I needed was for him to remember that I had screenshotted it and then think I was creepy.

Me: Lookin' good bulldogs!

Reggie Mantle: your supposed to send one backkkkkkkkk

I quickly took a selfie, before typing the caption "you're*" and sending it back.

Within a minute, I had received a text in response.

Reggie Mantle: damn

Me: what?

Reggie Mantle: you are so hot