history

Note to reader's: I don't want to go to in depth with the history of the tribe because I want to do a book about it when this one is done.

Artemis took a deep breath " When the amazonian tribe first started it wasn't perfect. One woman a spartan saw how other women of Greek city-states were treated. They weren't equal to men and they couldn't get involved with politics and weren't able to help protect their own homes." Olive looked at her intrigued by the story. "So in secret she began talking to the women of Greece to see how many of them wanted to change how  thing were for women. Many women disagreed with the ideal of women having the same rights as the men. It was only a small group of women that dared to oppose the men.  At night those that were willing left with the spartan woman and they began their journey to find a place to establish their own place where women could do whatever they wanted without men trying to control them. The spartan woman knew most of the women wouldn't stand a chance of survival without help from the goddesses and gods so she prayed begging for guidance and for the group to be protected and given sanctuary. Four goddesses and one god heard her prayer and decided to help. Gaia made a island to use as a sanctuary for the group of women, Athena gave them the knowledge that was needed to make a thriving civilization, Aphrodite gave them love, and Hermaphroditos made it where..." She pauses for a second not wanting to freak olive out she changed the words around "Where women were able to have children to continue on through the generations. The one rule that was made by all of them was that no man would be able to enter the sanctuary." Artemis gets up and walks over to a painting that is hanging on the wall of the hut "This is the Trojan woman, our first queen Lilith. Our current queen is the 35th Queen of the Amazons. Any questions?" Olive nodded "yeah umm...if you're all women here how can you have children since its...not possible for two women to have a child together." Artemis turns towards her and sighs "I will only tell you if you promise to not freak out." Olive was about to respond when Melody walked into the hut. "Artemis, Queen Amazon has requested the girl and yours presence." They watched as Melody walked over to another part of the hut pulling out what Olive recognized was a wooden wheel chair. "And please do refrain from getting into any trouble while you are visiting the Queen." Olive smile sheepishly at Melody "I'm sorry for causing so much trouble...Melody just waves her hand dismissing it "Don't worry about it, I've had more trouble from others than what I've had from you." She glares at Artemis while saying this. Artemis chuckles"You know I'm your favorite patient" Melody just shakes her head and lifts Olive up and gently place her into the wheel chair leaving her leg propped up to where Olive wouldn't feel any pain. "Okay you two be careful and enjoy your visit with the queen." Artemis grips the handles of the wheel chair and starts pushing Olive out the door "Don't worry we'll behave, I swear to Athena on that." 

(So yeah, sorry that it's been taking so long. I'm in college now and my free time is limited, but I swear I'll be updating sooner than months. I do apologize for taking so long on this very short chapter.)