Seventeen

《~♤~》

《~♤~》

Mako

'Mako, are you okay?' Asami asks. 'Hmm?' I answer, looking at her. 'You've been quiet since you got here.' She tells me.

We're in cuddling – just cuddling – in her bed. Asami invited me over to her manor, hoping that spending some quality time together would help me relax. I have suspicions that Bolin told her about what has been going on with me – excluding the details about Remora and the baby – but nonetheless, I accepted the invitation, hoping that a day with my girlfriend would clear my head.

So much for that.

A month has passed since I last spoke to Remora or heard anything about her from Korra for that matter. I never asked since I feel I'm better off not knowing about her especially after she told me that she wasn't keeping the baby.

I'm still very livid about it and part of me wants to go back and try reasoning with her, but I know that it won't go anywhere, seeing how stubborn she is and not to forget, I'm keeping my word about not seeing her again after that. Not because I don't really care about her and the baby but because I want to give her some space to cool off since she's still mad at me for abandoning her at a time she needs me most. Not to forget that I'll only make things worse if I even try talking to her and probably make things more complicated.

The thought of it still stresses me out. I hadn't really eaten anything, sleep well nor did I bother going to work and bothered coming for training for our upcoming matches. We almost lost a few matches all because I wasn't taking better car of myself and not focusing on the match.

'I'm fine. I just have a lot on my mind.' I say dismissively, not really wanting to talk about it.

'How much?' She asks.

'Just...a lot.' I sigh.

'Do you want to talk about it?' She persists.

'I don't.'

'Not talking about it isn't going to do you a favour.'

'I know. I know. It's just complicated.'

'Then uncomplicate it.'

'Asami, I said I don't want to talk about it. So, can you stop being pushy about it, please? I have enough stress to deal with.'

'So, you don't want my help. Is that what you're trying to say?' Asami casts me a look of quite injury making me sigh.

'That's not what I meant.' I say.

'Really? Because it seems to me, you're seeing me as an annoying girlfriend who's prying too much into your business, when all I'm trying to do is help!' She snaps at me sitting up straight. 'I invited you here so we can talk about what has been going on with you because Bolin feels that I'm the only person who can help but it seems like I'm wasting your time showing you how much I care about you.' She moves to sit at the edge of her bed. 'And if that's the case, you should leave.'