Twelve

《~♤~》

《~♤~》

Remora

'Great! Now I really look pregnant.' I say, staring at the bump that's too big for me to wear tight clothes but small enough for me to wear oversized t-shirts.

'You're fourteen weeks into of your pregnancy. Wait 'til you reach towards your second trimester.' Pema says looking up from the clothes she's currently folding.

'Gee! Thanks for reassuring me not to be bothered about the fact that I'm getting fat, Pema.' I glower at her. 'I can't believe my mom went through this when she had me. This sucks.' I put on my oversized hoodie.

'Have you told Mako yet?' She asks.

It's been weeks after we last talked after Korra's party. I didn't bother coming to the Arena to watch her practice saying that it would be too boring for me to watch them do the same routine over and over again. But the real reason why I decided to stop going was because I was avoiding Mako.

I feel like if I did, he going to make things harder for me with him giving me the I–never–forgot–about–that–night bullshit and having to see him with Asami. I'm not having that. I have enough shit I have to deal with, and I don't need him or the priss to pile it up.

'It seems pointless to tell him. He's got a rich girlfriend; a scholarship at one of the best colleges in the world....' I sigh, sitting down on my bed.

'Remora, are you afraid that he'll choose his girlfriend and the scholarship over you and this child?' she asks.

My mouth becomes dry and I feel my insides churn and fold into the most uncomfortable way possible. Not because of the fact she saw right through me but at how accurate her assumption is.

'Am I right?' She asks.

After slowly a brief period of silence and recovering slowly from my state of shock, I respond with a shrug. 'I'm used to doing things on my own, but this.' I hug my bump. 'This is just below me. And the fact that Mako's seeing someone else after that night is not making it any easy!'

I let out a frustrated growl. I hug my knees to my chest. 'This whole issue just so messy that even Tenzin won't know how to fix it or even find a solution.'

Pema pulls into a hug and rubs my back, offering me reassurance and comfort. 'He's not prepared for this either, Remora. Remember that. And I'm sure that Tenzin will find ways to make amends to this predicament given if you come clean about this.' Pema reminds me. You should have more faith in him since he's doing the best, he can for you.'

'I know, but I just don't know what to do. And you're right; I am scared that he'll choose Asami and the scholarship over me and the baby, especially after seeing how happy he was and the way he looked at Asami at Korra's party.' I admit. 'I'm not gonna lie; I am happy that things are going to get better for him and Bolin after hearing that he lost his parents when he was a kid and he gets to enjoy that life with his dream girl but...'