Twenty Five

After our talk at Harmony Tower, Jae dropped me off at the entrance of the Pro-Bending Area.

I have come to the decision to talk about the baby and the way forward with Mako. For real this time. No arguments. No bullshit. Just talking. After that, it's all up to him whether he still wants to be a part of this kid's life or not. But if he doesn't, then I'll take it upon myself to look take care of the kid.

I won't lie to, I will be upset and hurt if he does decide not to be involved but at the same time I understand and don't blame him for doing so. I was the one who kept pushing him away and shutting him out when he tried to help.

At the end of the day, it's his life. It's his choice whether he wants me to be in it or not.

I just hope that it will just be the two of us talking. Besides it being private, I'd rather not want my mood to be ruined the moment I see him with the priss. And I know for a fact that I won't hold back what I'm feeling with me being pregnant.

As I enter the gym, I see the younger Martinez brother there, lifting a pile of earth disks. But there's no sign of Mako.

'Hey.' I catch his attention. He's broken out of whatever focused spell he's in for Yue knows how long and stops what he's doing. The moment he sees me, his lips curl into a wide grin. 'Hey, Remora! It's been a while!' he beams at me.

'Yeah, it has,' I respond, folding my arms to mu chest. 'I see you've been busy lifting weights.'

'Well, the Fire Ferrets are one step close to entering the finals, so I gotta be in shape for the big finale,' Bolin says cockily flexing his muscles, to which I roll my eyes so hard I could see my brain. 'So, what brings you here?'

'Well, I was hoping to see your brother. Any idea where he might be?'

'You just missed him. He left a while ago.'

Damn, I think feeling a wave of distress wash over me like the ocean on the shores of the South Pole. 'Spending time with the priss again?' I ask, hoping he doesn't catch on to the shakiness of my voice when I asked.

'No, he's at work. He has a night shift at the Power Plant and won't be back until eleven pm,' he tells me. 'In case you want to know, Asami is out of town. She and Mako haven't been talking recently.'

'Why is that?'

'He didn't tell me the full details. All he's been saying was "It's complicated". I can only assume that Asami is catching on to his secret affair he had with you.'

If he knows about the one nightstand then he also knows about the baby, I think narrowing my eyes. I'm not surprised that Mako knows about it, but at the same time I can't help but feel irked that he did since I still don't want a lot of people besides Tenzin and my family to know.

'Not really much of a secret if he told you about it.' I deadpan with a scorn.

'Oh, it wasn't a secret,' he elucidates. 'I was around when you two were doing your thing in his room. And man, were you loud. I had to sleepover at Air Temple Island.'

I suddenly feel my face burn with embarrassment and averted my gaze from his. I'm pretty sure my face is redder than Mako's scarf. 'Does the priss know?' I ask.

'No. She doesn't know about the baby. Or about your one nightstand. That's one of the things that's causing the tension between them.'

'So, I'm the reason for all this.'

'No, no, no.' he waves his hands defensively. 'I can assure you you're not the reason. The issue here is the that he wasn't honest with her about it when he should have. The mere fact that you're pregnant is just collateral damage and his dishonesty catching up to him.'