Chapter 7

"Hey Coran."

"Oh welcome back number five."

"Hello Coran."

"Hello- GAH."

Kiera leaped back an inch or two at his outburst. Her hand was still pressed to her nose.

Coran smiled "Welcome back Kiera. Need a towel?"

Kiera nodded "Yes please."

Coran came closer "This is your sixth break right? That's rather impressive. And the blood running down your arm is impeccably glamorous."

Kiera smirked at his sarcasm "I know right? It's a new accessory for a look I've been working on. You know the 'beat up thief' outfit. It includes the ripped clothes and raw skin around the wrists from restraints. Isn't it fabulous?" She twirled and he laughed.

"Yes, it is. I'll go grab you a towel." He patted her on the shoulder.

"Thanks Coran." She smiled and he left the room.

Allura spoke "As soon as he gets back, we will wormhole away from here. Based on your previous record of falling every time we wormhole, Kiera, I suggest you either sit down or hold on tight."

Kiera nodded guiltily "Thanks for the warning." She walked over and grabbed the back of a chair with her free hand.

Coran dashed into the room and tossed the towel at Kiera. It landed on her head, covering her face and she grabbed it with her already bloody hand and held it to her nose. The blood flow was starting to slow down so it wasn't that bad but it still felt weird as hell. You know, the feeling you get when you get a nosebleed and it feels like all the fluid in your head is draining? That feeling.

The Paladins were already all in their seats and Pidge hopped into hers. Kiera grabbed the back of her chair and cling there. Allura turned to Coran and nodded then she summoned the energy pole things and she used her magical princess powers to zip the castle away.

Kiera was jostled a little, which felt a little weird but was otherwise fine. It was the first time she hadn't been flung across the room because of a wormhole jump and she was a little bit proud of herself.

Then Pidge patted her arm "You're learning. Congratulations."

"Shut up." She gently shoved Pidge with her shoulder. Pidge laughed.

Kiera changed the subject "Oh! I wanted to show you guys something! I found it at a stall when I was turned in to the Blade of Marmora! They stopped and got me a pastry and when we were leaving I spotted this and thought it might be important so I nabbed it." She reached into one of her pockets and held up a small crystal. It was a turquoise colour with purple at the very tips of the spikes.

"May I see that?" Allura asked. Kiera tossed it to her and the princess caught it and held it up "I think I know what this is. Back in Altea we used to use crystals to communicate special messages that couldn't be trusted over a wire. You just held it up to a light and the message would appear." She held it up to one of the energy pole things on her platform and they all watched as shadows appeared on the ceiling.

Zarkon is turning. Your Majesty, please reconsider your choice of action. He is coming.

-Sage

Underneath the writing were some more symbols that none of them could make out.

Allura made a small sad humming noise before saying "Ah Sage. Poor man."

Shiro turned to her "Who was Sage?"

"Sage was a member of my fathers court, never the best at following the rules. He only ever did as he saw fit, doing what he thought was what he ought to do in that moment." Allura explained "He was beautiful."