Chapter 29: Mother Of All Mates

Start from the beginning

I loosened his grip on his hair and took both his hands, turning my full attention on him. "No matter how we first met, how you treated me, how you remember Shawn, you will always be Alexander Lockwood, the guy who stayed up all night protecting me and my mother, the guy who thinks he's a bad person but deep down has no idea he's a good person, the guy who is my mate." I added with a smile. My smile grew wider when my heart beat faster. "The guy, who I am in love with." I blushed when he looked up in surprise.

"What? You love me?" He said in disbelief.

"Is it so hard to believe?" I asked him laughing. "I honestly don't know what Love is like but I know what I feel deep down every time I think about you, or see you."

When he didn't say anything but just kept staring at me, I grew self-cautious.

I frowned. Oh god. What if he doesn't love me back? I just declared my love like a loser to a guy who doesn't love me back!

I went to remove my hands from his when he tightened his grip on my fingers, enclosing my hands into his again.

Slowly, a small, shy smile appeared on his face right before he attacked me.

My back hit the couch and I looked at Alex, startled.

Alex only continued to smile. I could feel his heart thump faster. "I love you too." He said proudly with a hint of a blush.

Then, he kissed me. It was short, sweet and meaningful.

His head snapped up and his eyes went blank. He must be mind-linking with his pack.

I blushed again when I noticed my hands on his defined chest. I slowly brought them down to his stomach and felt the abs through his shirt.

My heart was in overdrive just thinking about us together.

I looked at Alex who was looking at me. I think we had the same thought. But then Alex hopped off of me and held out his hand.

"Come on, let's go outside, Matt's asking for you."

I grabbed his warm hand and followed him outside. Am I even ready to have-uh-do-lay? Yes, Am I even ready to lay with Alex?

I mentally slapped myself. SEX! It's called sex.

I blushed for no reason again. But I knew the answer. Of course I wasn't. I still wanted to get to know him. Not to mention I wanted to wait until I was older, more confident in my body. I mean I don't even wear shorts because I hate my legs! They are stupid reasons but in the end I think it's my choice. As long as Alex doesn't mind.

He led us out in the backyard where everyone was gathered.

I noticed my mother standing an arms length next to Zander. Zander only looked at my mother with a sad expression. I wonder what she said to him.

Matt stepped into the field with Nathan.

"Hey Ariana, can you shift?" Matt asked in a soft voice.

I looked at him confused. "Um, I don't know how?"

Everyone looked at me with confusion. "What do you mean?" Nathan asked me. "Aren't you a werewolf?"

"I-yes I am a...werewolf, but I can't just shift into one whenever I want." I told him laughing like he was joking with me.

"Yes, you can? Us werewolves can shift whenever we want to." Nathan told me, his head cocked to the side, studying me.

As if on cue, Jen came out of nowhere and shifted into a big, dark brown wolf. It looked so painless, so smooth, so fast.

My heart lurched in my chest when Jen's beast made its way towards me.