Chapter 1

It's been two days since we moved back to Riverside Hills, and we're still settling back in. Elizabeth has stopped over to help us unpack, but I haven't talked to her. I don't want to talk to her. She's so annoying. I don't want her to marry my father, but she's the actual reason that we moved back, so I kinda owe her.

                              "You need any help, Pipe?" Elizabeth shouts from the bottom of the stairs. I open my door a bit and peek my face through the crack.

                                     "It's Piper! And no, I don't need any help." I shout back, slamming the door loudly. I've texted Sam and a couple other people that I've moved back, and everyone replied except for Sam. He's my best friend, I move, and he totally forgets about me. 

                                      You know what? I'm going to totally forget about him, too. I'm going to change completely. He won't even recognize me when I come back. I whip out my phone, and realize that I do have somebody that I can go shopping with. She's my best option. 

                                          So I text Kate Saber. The pretty girl who actually uses her brain, unlike in stereotypical TV shows. My father won't care where I go unless I'm done unpacking, and I am. Besides, it'll give him and Elizabeth a little "alone time". When Elizabeth moves in with him, they're gonna be spending A LOT of time together. I don't even like being in the same room with her. 

                                          I receive a text back. Kate says she'll pick me up and bring me to Crocker Park, a large outdoor mall. I grab all of my money- a total of $700- and plan to spend it all. I walk down the stairs, feeling much better then I did on the plane ride here. I pass Elizabeth without even saying hello, and rush to my father. 

                                        "Kate and I are going shopping," I tell him. 

                                              "And how exactly are you two getting there? Does Kate have her license?" Dad asks. 

                                             "Yes!" I lie, slipping on my Toms and running outside. She has her temps, not her license. Kate lives three doors down from me, so I needed to get out of the house right away. I hop in the passenger's seat, buckle myself, and greet Kate. 

                                             "Hey! Long time no see!" I say. She smiles at me. 

                                                   "So, what is the fashion emergency?" She asks as we pull out of my driveway. 

                                         "What?" 

                                                "Piper, you're holding a giant wad of cash and we're going shopping. What's your fashion emergency?" 

                                                   "Fine. When I moved, Sam and I lost touch. I tried to text him and stuff, but he never answered. So I'm changing so he doesn't even recognize me, and later he'll catch on that my new look is all his fault." I tell her.

                                                 "Sam Fairtress?" She asks. I nod. "He changed almost right after you moved. He's a complete asshole now. Some people say that you took his heart with you when you moved to Colorado." 

                                                          "Oh please, Sam never liked me. He always talked to me about other girls, and how he was so in love with Penelope Eldernook. Everybody knew I liked Sam but Sam." I smirk.