*Chapter 5 - Home

Our journey to Vik's base was reasonably awkward. Well... as awkward as you can get with me being such a huge fan of Vik and him continuously apologising for "almost killing a fan" and me countering it with "Anyone would have done the same thing if the thought of Herobrine was in mind".

   We made some small talk for a while about how this could all be a dream, or how strangely normal we feel being in a blocky body. Then Vik asks me, "So... What were you doing before you ended up here? Like, anything Minecraft related?", I frown at the unnaturally even grass as we walk trying to go through what I did. "Umm...", I start, "I was playing Minecraft at about 4 in the morning, the screen froze a few times so I watched some YouTube videos to pass the time while the screen decided to unfreeze...", Vik turns to me and smirks a little raising an eyebrow, I roll my eyes smiling and look down, "Yes, some of them were your videos!", I let out a little giggle feeling a little less nervous around him.

   "Then what'd you do?", "The screen eventually unfroze but I turned off the TV and PS4 to continue the video-", I laugh slightly embarrassed, "-and I must have fallen asleep before the video ended." Damn, is my phone on my face now that I fell asleep?

   Vik puts his hand over his chest and fake gasps pretending to be hurt, "Am I that boring that I made you fall asleep?". My face falls, "Oh! No, no, no! Not at all- I just hadn't had any sleep and had work the next day and-!", Vik stops walking and puts a hand on my shoulder, "Hey, don't sweat it, I was only kidding (y/n!)!", he chuckles and I sigh smiling in relief, "Ohh, ok!", I scratch the back of my neck feeling my face heat up. 'How did I not realise he was joking...?'. We continue walking in silence after that, not as awkward as before, but not for long.

   Suddenly Vik stops and looks around, "What's wrong?", I ask slightly concerned, "Please don't tell me we're lost.", he climes up a blocky hill and looks over it. With the sun currently setting in front of us, he looks like the perfect silhouette from down here. He turns around and smiles down at me, "Well, it's not much, but it's something I guess!", he helps me up over the hill by taking my hand.

   I smile at the sight before me. A small, typical Minecraft house by the sea. "We can rebuild it better once we have better materials, I know we'll make it out of here!", I nod in agreement, "Mmhm!".

   'Somewhere I can call home for a while, not in a creepy "let's get married" type of way... just finally a starting point to get my head together and figure out what's going on around here.' I think to myself then smile lightly,

   'Somewhere we can call home...'

_____

Sorry this chapter took so long! I know that some people messaged me as to if I was gonna continue this or not and I definitely am! I really like writing this fanfiction cause it's one where I can just let it go with the flow as if Minecraft is really your life now! Well... I hope it comes across that way! 

^_^