*Chapter 3 - Getting Wood

'I hardly slept last night' I think as I hear the sun beating down onto zombies and skeletons. Their cries, well, the groaning of zombies and rattling bones of skeletons sounds a lot more real now that I'm here in all of this... I sigh. Endermen teleport and freak out around the terrain before disappearing altogether.

   When I am sure all mobs are possibly gone, I dig out of the little hole I made the previous night. How long did I even wait?! It's almost midday... The light is almost blinding but it strangely doesn't melt the snow. Go figure: place a torch down and snow melts but sun doesn't melt it? MINECRAFT LOGIC! I look around for any creepers that hadn't yet despawned, thankfully, there is none.

   Using my pick to destroy and pick up the torches, workbench and furnace, I scavenge through the area for any nearby villages. Nothing. Time to gather some wood for the meantime... I do so... with my pickaxe. Hey, I don't have an axe yet, ok?

[GETTING WOOD]

   'Um... Why did I not get that achievement that before?' I shrug and collect as much wood as I can for the meantime. "Now for a place to stay for a while...", I sigh and look around only now noticing that the arrow that was stuck in my shoulder last night is now gone. My shoulder isn't even that sore... Twisting my shoulder a bit proves to be more painful than I thought. Just a stinging pain.

   There's a cave in the distance just on the outskirts of the snow biome and into a plain forest biome. I jog over and check it out. It'll have to do for the meantime, just so I can gather some resources and when I build a house of some sort I could use this at a mining cave afterwards.

   I'm spotted as a zombie stumbles out of the cave towards me and I panic. It groans and reaches out for me, "Shit...!", my hand instantly lands on my wooden sword, "Better get used to this...!". I swing my wooden sword at the zombie, strike 1-2-3. Jumping out of its way when it tries to grab me, I hit it a few more times. It falls to the ground with a gurgling noise and disappears in a cloud of dust, leaving behind a piece of rotten meat.

[MONSTER HUNTER]

   My stomach decides to sound like a dying whale as I pick up the meat. It smells horrible...!! I may be hungry, but I'm not eating that! A pig snorts beside me, startling me, I instantly point my sword at it. My stomach makes another noise... "Better get used to this too... I guess...!", I mumble sadly under my breath. I ready my sword and strike the pig, squealing loudly and also disappearing in a cloud of dust, dropping two raw pork chops. I pick them up, "Sorry...!".

   I quickly light up the cave with the only torches I have and start fixing up the cave a little bit. I mine away smooth stone blocks with my wooden pickaxe to block off the back of the cave with a cobblestone wall so no more hostile mobs could spawn in. I do the same with the front, leaving a two by one gap for a door to fit in. With my crafting bench and furnace placed down, I make a door and a chest then place the door. With the remaining cobblestone and sticks, I make a new sword and pickaxe.

[GETTING AN UPGRADE]

   A familiar 'dying whale' reminds me of my hunger. 'Since there is no coal blocks to mine in this cave so far, I'll have to use the wooden blocks.', I agree with myself and put both the wood blocks and two pork chops into the furnace and wait. I take a stick resting on the top of the chest and poke the cooking pork chops until they're done. The smell of the meat cooking is killing me... When they're done I let them cool before chomping down on one, letting my hunger bars fill back up again,

[PORK CHOPS]

"This shits good...!", I smile happily and sit on the crafting bench, finishing it.

   I yawn and look around, "Damn it...!", I jump up, "I need a bed!". I peek out the door, seeing a great view...

The sunset...

   I sigh smiling in thought, "Looks like I won't be getting any proper sleep again tonight.", I close over the door and shiver as the cold sets in a little. I use the remaining wooden blocks and stack them into the furnace, making charcoal to burn more wood.

[RENEWABLE ENERGY]

   I feel the heat from the furnace and my eyelids get heavier. I settle down in front of it and try to get some sleep.