*Chapter 4 - Who Are You?

I wake up groggy and sore. My muscles ache all over. My back, arms and hip hurts from where I was sleeping on my side. I turn over onto my back and look around. The torches light up the cave with a warm glow, allowing some iron ore blocks to show themselves. 'I didn't realise how thirsty I am until now...'. The furnace seems like it burnt out long ago, more charcoal for me!

   There's the sound of footsteps outside my door, the soft sound of something traveling through grass lands. Probably some un-hostile mob, I smile and listen for the mob's sound. Nothing. No sound. Maybe it's a rabbit? Do they even make a noise in Minecraft? I really don't have the energy to move. The footsteps stop. 'Huh?', I lean up onto my elbows to listen more.

Block.

Block.

Block.

Pause.

Tttssssss......

   "WHAT?!", I scramble up to my knees and crawl behind the furnace for cover. 'HOW COULD A CREEPER KNOW I'M IN HERE?! THAT'S NOT HOW MINECRAFT WORKS!! THERES A DOOR IN THE WAY!', I cover my head with one arm and put my other hand on my stone sword. I hold my breath as chunks of blocks explode in all directions. Dust and debris fill the air and I cover my mouth and nose with my sleeve. I get up, pointing my sword towards the entrance of the cave and coughing due to the dust regardless of me using my sleeve. I am ready for a battle, or whatever this is.

   "GET OUT WHOEVER IS IN THERE!!!", 'What? Another player?', I continue coughing on dust but keep my sword pointed.

   The dust eventually settles to reveal my attacker, standing tall. A bow and arrow in hand, already prepared. A blue hoodie with a zip dividing a symmetrical blue and red diamond in the middle. Navy blue jeans. Hmm... That hoodie, it seems so familiar to me...

   'Who...?', I think, still coughing. I haven't had water in two days, the dust is burning my lungs. I fall to my knees letting my sword drop beside me, covering my mouth with my other hand. 'I can't breathe...'. "H-hey! Wait!", the attacker runs over to me, bow lowered and put away, then kneels down beside me. A hand is placed on my shoulder to keep me upright, "Hey- can you hear me?".

   Everything around me just sounds so muffled, my vision is blurred. "...-ere... tak... -this...!", a glass bottle, of what looks like, water is held in front of me. My coughing slowly turns into wheezing and gasps fir air as I drink some. I'm helped to my feet and I stumble out of the cave to get some fresh air. We sit under a tree, breathing heavily, coughing occasionally.

   I turn to my right, "What the fuck?!", I half yell, "I- I'm sorry!", he starts, "I haven't met another player yet- I thought this blocked off cave was some Herobrine shit...!", I laugh, wheezing a little, "An understandable approach really, just don't actually kill me the next time!", he also laughs. "So umm...", he starts off, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand and looking around, "...The name's Vik, what about you?", he puts out his hand to shake mine, "Vik?!", I look at him shocked, no wonder his hoodie looked so familiar! "Vik as in Vikkstar123?!", he nods and smiles a little awkwardly, "Yea, that's me, Vikkstar123!", I snap out of it and quickly shake his hand to introduce myself, "I -uhh, sorry for that! Heh, I'm (y/n)!", I try to laugh off my embarrassment of my outburst, well, 'fangirling'.

   He nods, "It's nice to finally meet another player.", he says happily, "Finally?", I look at him confused, "How long have you been here for?!", I ask, "About a week, I think. I know that it doesn't sound long, but without anyone else here... No games to play, no phone or internet, videos to edit or upload. No people to talk to. It gets lonely.", he sighs.

   I smile lightly, "Well, it's lucky that you found me then, eh?", he also smiles, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was a Minecraft Lucky Block series!", he jokes and I blush, "Yea...!". Vik clears his throat and stands up holding out his hand to me, "We should get going before nightfall starts. You can stay with me!", I take his hand and he helps me to my feet, "Are you sure? Like I can make my own house and-", he cuts me off, "-Don't worry about it! I have a small house at the moment, but we can make a bigger one, together! You in?", I grin, "I'm in!".

   I collect my furnace, work bench, chest and whatever I had put into the chest. I step over the rubble from the cave explosion earlier and walk over to Vik, "You ready?", he asks, "Yup", I nod, "Then let's go!". I nod again in agreement, smiling, and follow him to his base, wherever that is. 'This... This must be a dream... I've just met my favourite Minecrafter... IN MINECRAFT! We're both stuck in here...! It has to be a dream, right?', I sigh and continue following him, 'If so... I don't want to wake up...! It seems too good to be true now...'