Chapter 1: Me

Tris's POV

I stand in the middle of my room looking at the empty corners and the jammed full boxes of my clothes and valuables stacked up taller than me, but thats not saying much. I reach up and touch my face and noticing it was wet. I was crying.

Hi. My name is Beatrice Edith Prior and im 17. My family and I just moved out of our home in Seattle, Washington to Chicago. I have never been anywhere outside of Washington except for Oregon, Hawaii, and California but all of those trips were more than 9 years ago so im not used to doing all this packing stuff. Other than that i had always lived in Seattle. My dad got a new job in Chicago as the mayor so we have to move for him to accept the job and get twice the salary than his old job. Me and my brother, Caleb, have to start at a new school. Divergent High I think its called. All that I know is that this year is going to SUCK!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE!!!!!

hey guys i hope you like my story its my first one EVER! This will mostly be Tris' Pov unless i say so. I know this is an overused idea but I am obsessed so i wanted to make one of my own. So please dont hate! thanks and stay cool!

~Macie Kay