Chapter 4-Initiation

(Y/N) P.O.V
I woke up early from another horrible dream drenched in sweat breathing heavily, I looked around noticing that almost nobody was awake yet so I got up and made my way towards the changing rooms to get ready for initiation. After I got my combat gear on I took my twin pistols/chain scythes *picture above* I notice yang and ruby talking so I just walk past them and head towards the exit until a blonde boy flies past me attached to a spear?
So being the nice person that I am I go over and help him down, "need some help their pal?" I ask whilst prying the spear from his clothes "Y...yeah thanks, the names Jaune Ark short, sweet, rolls of the tong, the ladies love it!" He says with confidence. "Whatever you say, stay out of trouble 'ladies man'" "ladies man' yeah I like the sound of that!" And with that the rest of our conversation and hopefully my social life was over as I head out to the edge of the Emerald forest to start my journey in becoming a hunter.

Time skip-at cliff
I was sitting down on the cliff overlooking the emerald forest waiting for the other students to arrive. It didn't take too long considering that I got here early, then when everyone finally arrived ozpin said something about relics, landing strategies and how our partner for the next four years will be the first person you make eye contact with. "WHAT!!" I heard Ruby yell considering she was right next to me, then another girl shouted "I KNEW IT!" To a guy wearing green with a pink streak in his hair. To be honest most people where a little surprised by this but I couldn't care less about a partner, "now any questions?" I hear Ozpin say.
"Yeah sir..." I look over to my left to see the blonde boy from earlier trying to ask a question but constantly getting ignored by Ozpin, as I was listening in on their conversation I didn't notices the people being flung into the air and before I realised it was my turn.

As I was flying through the air for what felt like hours I finally had enough of it and switched my guns to their chain scythe form and hooked them onto a tree to soften my landing as I do a tuck n' roll to finish 'okay then all I need to do now is find a partner and I'll be all set' I think to myself as I pick a random direction and start walking. It isn't long till I encountered a large Ursa Major and it's pack heading in my direction.

As soon as they notice me I run towards them at blinding speeds shooting three ursi in the head killing them before jumping onto the larger ones back and switched my weapons to scythe mode and started hacking and slashing at its back before wrapping them around it's neck using the chains then jumping of its back and taking its head off in the process. I stand there breathing heavily looking at the pile of black dust that lay before me until it started to swirl around me going faster and faster before entering my body, when it finished I felt reenergised and a little stronger than I did before.

With that over I continue walking in the direction I picked until I came across the shrine that held the relics we needed but that's not all, I saw Ruby pinned down by nevermore feathers!?!

Ruby's P.O.V
I was about to be hit by the nethermores feathers so I closed my eyes waiting for the impact but I didn't feel anything except for a gust of wind so I opened my eyes and saw someone standing in front of me. As my eyes adjusted I saw it was (Y/N) and when I looked closer I noticed the multiple nethermore feathers impaling the many parts of his body 'what have I done?' was the only thought running through my head watching this horrific sight in front of me.

(Y/N) P.O.V
I didn't know what came over me when I rushed in front of those feathers until I felt the pain of each one of them piercing through my arms, legs, torso, and even one in my eye "(Y/N)?" I hear a weak voice call from behind me, already knowing who it is I only slightly turn my head where my good eye is so that I can look at her as I turn towards the charging deathstalker that was hoping to take advantage of my weakened state. funny thing is I was stronger than ever! looking at it my mouth switched into a wide child like grin as I stomped my foot into the ground and black spikes came out of the ground immobilizing it shocking everyone, "hahahaHAHAHAHA it's about time I had a challenge this initiation was getting awfully boring grimm are dying, flowers are wilting and if you keep going then I'm gonna have a great time!!" (If you get the reference then a cookie for you)

As it was stuck black lightning rippled around my body and I burst forward cracking the ground underneath my feet until I was in front of the things face. I reeled my fist back then smashing it into its head cracking the armour before jumping backwards into the air as the lightning sparked in my hand until it formed into a black spear

 I reeled my fist back then smashing it into its head cracking the armour before jumping backwards into the air as the lightning sparked in my hand until it formed into a black spear

(Looks like this^^^)
"HERE FROM ONE MONSTER TO ANOTHER!!" I yelled as I threw the spear into its head and it went all the way through piercing its body killing it. I dropped onto the ground breathing heavily as my wounds slowly healed and I dropped to one knee from exhaustion, "(Y/N)!" I turn around to see ruby running towards me before she suddenly hugs me "why would you do something like that I thought you died!" She exclaims before gripping onto me tighter than before "please no oversized scorpion can kill me besides I can't let my sweet rose get hurt now can I?" I ask as her eyes widen but before she can say anything we hear a screech in the distance and shots being fired. "Go your friends need you more than I do" I say to her and she only nods before running of to join her friends. 'It's about time she remembered me'

Time skip~
"Jaune Arc, Phyrra Nicos, Lie Ren And Nora valkyrie you all brought back the white rook pieces and from now on be known as team JNPR lead by Jaune Arc" we were all inside the main hall after Ruby killed the nethermore getting assigned to our teams. "Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna and Yang Xou long you all claimed the white knight pieces and will be known as team RWBY lead by Ruby Rose" ruby was exited to hear this and was immediately hugged by yang whereas weiss had a look of complete shock about the outcome. Since I failed to find a partner or one of the relics I knew that I wasn't going to be able to attend beacon, as I was about to go through the doorway and leave Ozpin spoke "now will (Y/N) (L/N) please come up here" I was confused but went on stage anyway, "although you failed to find a partner or a relic I believe that a man of your skill shouldn't be allowed to leave so easily" the screen plays me in the initiation getting shot by the nethermore then me killing the deathstalker "so you shall be a one man team until further notice that is all" this had to be the greatest thing that ever happened to me! As I got off the stage I was immediately tackled by a certain red blur "hey ruby" I say with a smile looking down at her "(Y/N) is it really you?" She asks with pleadings yes
"Yeah it's me so stop worrying ok?"
"Okay! I'm so glad your here"
"I'm glad to be here Ruby and I'll never leave you again"

Wow it certainly has been a long time since I've updated and for that I'm sorry but hey it's here at least and I hope you've all had an amazing Christmas, I'll be uploading again soon so keep an eye out now I'll see you all in the next chapter!!!

Dark out~