Chapter 4

The next morning I wake up and quickly take a shower and do my hair and make up. Then I get dressed in a nice little minni dress and sandals. I hear the door bell ring and I immediately head downstairs and tell my parents that I'll get it, its just Miguel. I let Miguel in and head to the kitchen where my parents are.

"Mom, Dad, Miguel and I need to talk to you about something important" I says. They both look at us and says "sure no problem lets go in the front room." Once in the front room we all sit down. Everyone looks at me. I clear my throat and look at my parents and says "Im pregnant."

My parents look at me, then at Miguel...then back at me not knowing what to say. I look at my mom tears start to feel her eyes. She excused herself and then walks out. My dad stood up. He looked at me angrily "we taught you better then this. Your mother and I are very disappointed in you" he says then walks out with his nose in the air.

I finally get up trying not to cry until Miguel held me in his arms and then I just let it all out. Afterwards we get in the car and head over to his house to break the news to Miguels parents. When we park in the driveway of his house he takes my hand and kisses it "c'mon babe... lets get this over with" We go inside and call his parents to the living room. Miguel looks at his parents and says "Marianna is pregnant" His dad, which is a big buff guy picked him up and pushed him up against the wall "We taught you better then this" he yelled. Miguel punched him in the face and yelled "Im sick of you putting your damn hands on me" he looks at me and took my hand "come on babe lets go"

In the car Miguel is gripping the steering wheel clenching his jaw  "babe maybe we can just do this on our own, we don't need them if they aren't going to support us" I says. Miguel nods his head and says "your right babe" he says. Driving me home Miguel says "maybe we should get out own place" I nod my head and says "yeah I think that would be best"  "I have all this week off so maybe we could look for a place to live" he says "ok" I says. After parking the car I kiss Miguel good night and then go inside

The next morning I go downstairs for breakfast. My parents don't even look at me and my mom didn't even make me breakfast. The only time they would look at me was to give me a dirty look. Later that day Miguel came to get me so we could look for a place to live.