Chapter Twenty-Six

"We should probably head back to my place" Shawn said to his parents and they insisted on us staying over.

I wanted to protest because as much as I loved them, I had just gotten use to Shawn's comfy home, only because it had that Florida vibe.

"I think we should go. I have a huge paper to write and if I don't submit it at midnight. My mom will have my head on a stick" I said.

"You can do it here" Aaliyah said.

"My books are back at Shawn's place and my laptop. We really should get going before it's too late"

"Babe, are you sure-" Shawn said and I bit my lip, trying to look seductive as possible.

"Yeah,"

"Okay, let's go" he said quickly and before we knew it, we were already back at his house.

"Time flies when you're a hormonal teenager." Shawn said, as I touched my sore lips.

No it's not what you're thinking, I actually had a paper to write and Shawn would randomly stop by the room to canoodle and distract me but I managed to get my work done and into Shawn's bed before midnight.

"I love you," I said to Shawn as I nuzzled into his side, as we were laying in bed.

"You weren't kidding when you said you were only going to cuddle after I bought you dinner"

"Like I said many times before, you're gonna have to work for it." I yawned and we soon fell fast asleep.

*

"A what?" I asked for what felt like the hundredth time.

I'm still not sure I heard what Shawn was saying right.

"Act in my music video?" He said.

Am I hallucinating?

"Why me?"

"Because I want my girlfriend to be in it, how cool would that be, plus, I don't want to do this video with some random stranger."

"Wait what?" I still ask, clearly bewildered.

"And you're hot, so you have to say yes"

"But which song?" I questioned, ignoring the fact that he called me hot.

"Bad Reputation, my fans have been begging for a video and Andrew finally said yes, got a great director and everything."

"Again, why me?"

"You have the attention span of a goldfish, do you know this?"

"Yeah what's your point?

"Babe, I would love for you to be in this video with me, it would mean the world... please?" He said with the biggest puppy dog eyes, I've ever seen.

"Fine, only because you asked nicely and maybe a dozen times."

"Yes! Thank you babe! We start shooting in an hour, it's going to be filmed here in Toronto."

"How did you know I'd say yes?"

"Because you love me and I'm Shawn Mendes?"

"Ah the good old, I'm famous and you have to do what I say card."

"Yep!" he said hugging me, before telling me to get ready.

*

When we got to the set, I was given a script and rushed to hair and makeup, along with Shawn. I admit I liked the rush. It was exciting to see everyone running around, doing different things and getting stuff ready.

"Are you nervous?" Dylan asked me, shoving some chips into his mouth.

"No" I said.

"Why? I'm so nervous for you. What if you mess up? What if something goes wrong? What if-" he said, obnoxiously crunching his snack next to me.

"Remind me why I brought you out here for moral support?"

"Because I'm awesome?" He said, and we both bursted into laughter.

"You, my friend is a pain in my ass." I smiled, playfully shoving him.

"But you love me anyway" He smirked.

I laughed "Yeah, I do"

"Only thing is, she loves me better." I heard the familiar voice say.

I immediately wrapped my arms around him. "Eh"

"Babe. We're ready in five" Shawn said shooting Dylan a funny look, and I giggle.

"What's wrong Mendes?" I said reaching up to plant a kiss on his neck.

"N-nothing," he stuttered and I laughed.

"Okay then" I said leaving both of my favorite boys behind.

*

"And that's a wrap! Good job everyone. It looks amazing already" the director shouted, as Josiah then decided to tell Shawn and I, to pose for a few shots but we told him after we had a break.

"Why exactly is Dylan here?" Shawn said through gritted teeth.

"You mean besides eating all the food and hitting on the hairdresser?"

"I mean I like him and all but-"

"He's my friend and also your fan. He'll leave after the Toronto shows"

"What?"

"Yeah, I've been meaning to ask can he come?"

"Ugh, yes. You're lucky I love you too much"

"Oh but I thought you were the lucky one, because damn look at me" I joked, flipping my hair over my shoulder.

"What am I going to do with you?"

"The question is, what are you going to do without me" I smirked and we watched the finished music video with the entire team.

*

"Good job guys! That was amazing" Andrew complimented and Shawn looked at me in awe.

"It'll be released in four days. I'm really proud of you guys" Brian said, fist bumping us both.

"It was an honor to work with you" I said whispering to Shawn while everyone was busy complimenting our work and the director's.

"I love you so much" Shawn replied, kissing my forehead as I laid my head on his chest, while he wrapped his arms around me, in a tight hug.

"Come on, lets watch it again!" Dylan announced and everyone cheered.

"Yeah lets!" I grinned, feeling so happy, feeling so content. I really do like the thrill of it all.