Chapter Seven

Shawn's POV
"She followed me. I️ can't believe she
fucking followed me"

"Hell yeah! One point for Mendes" I said throwing my fists in the air.

"People are trying to sleep here" Geoff groaned, with a slice of pizza hanging out of his mouth.

"Sorry dude. But Nevada-"

"Tell it to someone who cares buddy" Geoff snapped and I rolled my eyes. "Grumpy pants"

"I care but tell me tomorrow. You're not giving me 30% for nothing" Brian mumbled from across the room and I chuckled.

I paced my room, contemplating whether or not I should acknowledge her existence, but me being the genius I am, I immediately started a random following spree making sure to follow her last.

I'm starting to think maybe the boys were right, but they can't be.. she's nothing like the girl I loved before.

Nevada's POV

@wellnev: I have to admit, the Illuminate album is blasting throughout my entire house at the moment. Don't know whether to be proud or disappointed that my neighbors haven't called the cops yet.

@wellnev: also I saw that he followed me back minutes after I followed him. Coincidence? I think not..... 🕵🏻

I blasted the Illuminate album while getting ready for my date. I feel so nervous and anxious and I want nothing more than to listen to Ryan's voice calming me down.

Damn it, Nev.
Don't be one of those girls who appreciates the existence of two guys at once.

I couldn't resist and soon picked up my phone and tapping the call button next to his name. He's probably busy. I think he's doing online college and that takes up his time, but I called him anyway.

"Hello?" He answered on the sixth ring.

"Uh, hey, Ryan," I said

"Hey look who didn't accidentally call me."

"Oh shut up, I need your help."

"I'm kinda busy... I'm doing stuff but yeah, what's up?"

"Oh, sorry, I can call you some other time"

"No, you're fine, what is it?"

"So remember how you told me to go on a date with Dylan to see if I still had feelings for him?" I paused.

"Yeah?" He said and I could hear the disappointment laced in his tone.

"Well he asked me out and now I'm super nervous what do I do?"

"Be yourself, Nev, if you're someone you're not, it's going to make everything that much more awkward... " He took a breath, "Hey, I have to go, but text me when you get home and tell me how it goes?"

"Yeah, Of course, bye."

As soon as the call had ended, I heard a knock on my door.

*

Shawn's POV

"No, that's what I said--" I laughed with the guys.

"So she really went out with him, huh?"

"Yeah, I mean I told her to. I might like her but she likes someone else. What else was I suppose to tell her?"

"But you still answered when you were in the middle of recording a song." Mike shook his head and laughed.

"Goals as fuck" Ian said, blowing on a cup of French Vanilla tea from Tim Hortons.

I rolled my eyes but turned my head when my phone dinged. I looked back at the guys before we all jumped for my phone.

Mike grabbed it first and held it up to read while Zubin and Teddy held my arms.

"She said," He paused and cleared his throat before going into a girly voice, "well I just got back, dot, dot, dot,"

Mike laughed before dropping my phone into my lap, "I hate you guys."

Nevada: Well I just got back...

Ryan: how did it go?

Nevada: IT WAS DISASTROUS. IT WAS ABSOLUTE FUCKING SHIT. Things aren't going to work out between us.

Ryan: are you serious?

Nevada: of course I'm not serious. I've had a crush on him forever. I think we might end up eloping.

Ryan: Nev...

Nevada: but no shit though, he's actually amazing and adorable but I think he plays for the other team. He wouldn't stop eyeing the waiter's backside but I was completely honest with him, and he agreed that he felt uncomfortable as well.

Ryan: Oh.

I must admit, I had cheerleaders waving their Pompoms in my head.

Nevada: besides, I have a thing for someone else...

Ryan: I'm intrigued. Who might that be?

Nevada: Shawn Mendes of course.

Ryan: you're messing with me.

Nevada: Of course, I'm messing with you lol.

And with that, my night ended talking to the girl who might not be in my immediate future when I tell her who I really am.

Nevada makes it really hard not to fall in love with her, and I'm trying... I'm trying so hard not to. I'll be damned if I end up losing my patience and end up making a move on her, but I can tell that she's the kind of girl that will make me beg her for mercy.