Chapter Twenty-Three

Nevada's POV

"You take me places that tear up my reputation," blasted through the arena as Shawn killed his performance at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont. We were on the fourth stop out of the fourteen, and we were going to go on our first date, but the poor kid was knocked the hell out.

When he finished up the show, I was already in a pair of Adidas sweats and a sweatshirt with my hair in a bun, ready for the road again.

I was sitting on the couch in Shawn's dressing room, reading a -and don't judge me- fan fiction about Shawn on Wattpad.

He entered the room looking completely worn out and I frowned, "How much sleep have you been getting?"

He laid down on the couch, his head in my lap. I shut off my phone and began running my fingers through his hair.

He signed, "Not enough, I've just been writing a lot for the next album and it's all that's been on my mind lately. I mean I love performing and meeting my fans, but it just drains me so much."

Shawn and I have been getting more comfortable being around each other, as we swapped stories and not so funny jokes while being on the road.

I kind of like the thrill of it all, and it makes me re-evaluate if I really want to take on the Wellington's legacy by running the family business or do something as amazing as this.

"Shawn, I hate seeing you like this. I know you want to get out all the music you can for the next album, but your rest is more important right now." He nodded his head, shutting his eyes and I frowned at the huge bags under them.

"I know, it's just I want to make my fans proud, and it's hard."

"How about the next time you're writing a song, come find me. I can listen to you serenade me and I can provide you with moral support and lots and lots of kisses!"

He chuckled, "You're a rare one, Nev."

I smiled, "But I'm serious, you need to get your rest, so when we get on the bus, I want you to go lay down. It's killing me to say this, but you look like shit buddy. No offense,"

He let out a loud gasp, "Rude!"

"Hey, I'm just tryna being honest," I shrugged.

"Don't you dare use one of my songs against me." He said in a warning tone, but I could see a smile forming on his lips.

"What are you gonna do? Sue me? I'd like to see you try Mendes" I said and he pouted.

"Shut up" he playfully rolled his eyes, closing them for a brief second.

We heard a knock on the door and Andrew came in, "Sorry to interrupt, but we have to get going." He paused, "Ten minutes, then I'm sending in Jake and Chandler."

I smiled, "Thank you, we'll be out in a bit."

"Hey, babe. There's something I wanted to tell you.." he said with a dramatic pause.

"What's that?"

"I love-" he said and I felt a bead of sweat forming on my forehead. "Yeah?"

"Big butts and I cannot lie"

I gasped and hit his arm before sitting up and beginning to walk away, but he grabbed my arm, pulling me back onto the couch with him so he was cuddling me. "You said the lyrics wrong, asshat"

"I'm joking, you know what I meant," He whispered in my ear.

I nodded, a smile growing on my face as I turned to face him completely. I gave him a light kiss before getting up off the couch and helping him stand up. I grabbed my bag and handed him his hoodie which he put on then grabbed his backpack and put the straps on his shoulders.

"Ready?" I asked.

He nodded, taking my hand in his, "I'm ready to cuddle with you tonight"

"We're not sharing a bed," I deadpanned.

"And why the hell not?" He rolled his eyes.

"You gotta buy me dinner first"

"You're so complicated but I love you anyway." he said, making me I stop dead in my tracks and Chandler comes in the view, but I shove him out the door. "Five more minutes"

"Why, Shawn Mendes, did you just declare your undying love for me?"

He laughed, "I think I did. I mean you've been pretty subtle with dropping hints."

"Well good," I kissed him quickly, "Because I love me, too." he groaned making me laugh, "I'm joking, I love you too."

"I'm tearing up," he dramatically said as we finally joined Chandler and Jake.

"But that doesn't mean you're crashing in my bed tonight Mendes"

"You're so complicated!

"Yeah, but you love me anyway"

He laughed and pulled me closer to him, "That I do."

Authors note:
They finally declared their love for each other. We're such proud mums right now ahah! we hope you liked this chapter, let us know if you did! Feedback truly helps a lot x
Also we might end the book very soon and guess what! There's gonna be a sequel :)
-Anna & Lya