Rock Bottom

Elena hasn't spoken to anyone for a while now. No one knew why. Well, few actually did. Elena hadn't forgotten what Miko said back then. If she ever went to the command center and find them there, she looked away and went to work. Elena hasn't even slept in her room, if not asked if she could sleep at Arcee's quarters. Optimus didn't mind or asked the reason. To him, it looked like she needs some time on something and Arcee seem to understand it.

Well, kids all agree Miko has to apologize her, but she wasn't sure if Elena will accept her apology. What she said really hurt her. She didn't know why, but she guesses it could be same if someone says the same about her and Bulkhead. She really should apologize. But she still wasn't sure how.

One thing also was that she had other things to do, like a concert and before that a recon trip in old energon mine with Bulkhead, Arcee, and Jack. And she once went all her own inside the cave. And Megatron and Starscream were there too. What was worse than cave collapsed on to them. It was a hard struggle to survive. not just trying to get out but deal with Starscream. For the first time, Miko wished she would have done differently. Luckily they made out. But while they looked at the cave where Megatron and Starscream were, they start to ask themselves what would have Optimus done. He wouldn't have killed them, but either save them.

Once they got to the base, Ratchet was first to demand what frag happened, since they were all covered in dirt. While he was yelling, Miko spot Elena going somewhere and she run to her.

"Elena!" she yelled to her and once she got her she hugs her from behind. Others stood to watch the scene. Miko never hugged Elena like that.

"I'm so sorry," said Miko. "I didn't mean what I said. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

Elena just stood there. Was Miko apologizing her? When she realizes she had done something she just admits, it was her fault and was ready for punishment, but now she actually hugs her and says she is sorry. Elena looks at her, while a smile was appearing on her face.

"I forgive you," she said and pat her head. "Eww! Where were you? You're all covered in dirt."

"Umm..."

"Never mind. Follow me to the bathroom. I think you all need it."

Well, they all needed for bath, so there no arguing with that.

Later that day Arcee came to visit Optimus in his quarters.

"Elena seems to be better now," said Arcee. she was since she was back in her room. Well, now she was in the bathroom.

"Yes. she does," said Optimus, while looks at today's report.

"Optimus..."

Optimus look on Arcee. she looked bit worried.

"When we went to check energon mine, we encounter with Megatron," said Arcee.

Optimus just stayed to listen. by how she says it means something was worrying her.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I tried to shoot him, but because of that, the cave fell on us. We tried to get out, but we also had a chance to finish Megatron," said Arcee.

"Did you?" asked Optimus. Arcee shook her head. Optimus sigh for relief.

"We knew you wouldn't do it if you' were there. Even though I wanted to finish him. After all, he did to us. to Cybertron... but deep down I knew it wasn't my part to do it..."

Optimus just looked at her. When she, Elena and Bumblebee were at Decepticon warship, she was ready to finish Megatron, when she had a chance. but now she didn't. None of them didn't. It wasn't because been weak if not surpassing yourself. He lifts his hand to ask her to come closer. She did. Once she was near his chair, he picks her chin by his finger to move it up and he kissed her.

It sweet and deep kiss. Like one, in which you wish to stay like that for some time. Arcee closed her eyes and enjoyed the kiss. After a moment they broke the kiss in which they stayed look on each other.

"I'm glad you did the right thing," said Optimus, while caressed her face. She smiled, while leaned on his hand enjoying its texture. Seen her like that made his spark beat faster. She looked so beautiful. He wished if he could show her how much she meant to him. How much he...

"What's that?" asked Arcee. That question brought Optimus back to present. He looked at his desk on what she meant. It was one audio file.

"It's... something I'm working," said Optimus and puts it away.

"I see..." said Arcee and looks away. She wished to know what it was, but she didn't want to push her commander. Especially since she...

Then she felt his hand on her shoulder.

"I'll tell about it when it's ready," he said smiling. She smiled back. That meant a lot to her. He will tell it when the time is right.

"If you're going to kiss again, I'm going squeal." heard a voice of Elena. They spot her standing on the platform, wearing robe and towel on her head, which tells she just got from the shower.

"Elena..."

"Hey, I can't help it. It's been some time I have seen you two kissing. Besides, better me than Silver. she might tell it to everyone."

"Elena!"

"Fine. I'll go. I was coming to say good night anyway."

"Goodnight, Elena," said Optimus calmly hoping it will make her leave.

"Good night." she said and was about to leave before she said "And I love you too." then she shut the door.

Both Optimus and Arcee stood there while before Arcee start to laugh a bit. That's something you didn't expect to hear from her.

"She sure is full of surprises sometimes," she said after she stopped laughing leaving a sweet smile on her face. Optimus just looked that smile. It made her more beautiful.

"Y-Yeah. she is," he said while looked in the direction where Elena's room was.

"Well, Goodnight, Optimus," said Arcee.

"Good night, Arcee," said Optimus.

After Arcee had left, Optimus pick up the audio file, he put away while ago. He has been working on it sometime now. It was almost finished. But today he had other things in his mind. Like how to tell Arcee how he felt for her. In that thought, he left his desk to his berth to recharge.