Chapter 7

Back in Whoville, at the Whobilation~ 

"Well, I guess the award goes to... the runner-up" The Mayor replied to the crowd since the Grinch didn't show up. 

The other adventure kids all glowered at the mayor while they stood by Cindy. 

But just then, everyone heard a rumbling sound and looked over to the garbage shoot where the Grinch flew out, followed by Kali and David who landed in the snow. The Grinch went flying all over the place, until he finally stopped straight into Martha May's bosom. 

"Hello, Martha" The Grinch muttered. 

"He made it!" Cindy Lou beamed. 

"Cindy. Honey!" Her parents rushed over to keep their daughter close to them while the rest of the adventure kids came over to Kali and David as they got up. 

The Grinch then looked to the Whos who seemed terrified seeing him up close after so long. The Grinch came up to the mayor then looked to the Whos again as everyone was in silence for a few moments. 

The Grinch then let out a quiet "Boo" and all the Whos screamed, backing away. One or two of them even fainted. 

"Oh, give me a break" David deadpanned to that.

"Hot crowd. Hot crowd" Cynthia muttered and the Grinch seemed to be doing the same.

"I believe I'm here to... accept an award of some kind..." The Grinch soon said to the Whos. "And... the children... mentioned a check" 

"No, we didn't" Cindy and the adventure kids replied.  

"Alright, then, give me the award" The Grinch demanded. "Come on! While I'm young!"

"Don't you worry, Mr. Holiday Cheer-meister, you'll get your award" The Mayor placed his hand on the Grinch's shoulder. 

"But first, a little family reunion" The Mayor announced, taking the microphone. "They nursed you... They clothed you... Here they are, your old biddies!"

The Grinch grimaced at his two old caretakers. "Are you two still living?" 

"We missed you!" Clarnella and Rose cooed as they came up to hug the Grinch.

Clarnella, Rose, and their friends soon got the Grinch dressed up in a festive Xmas sweater that said 'I love Xmas' much to his embarrassment. 

"Put him in the Chair of Cheer!" A Who called out. 

"Chair of Cheer? What's the Chair of Cheer?" The Grinch asked confused, looking to Cindy and the adventure kids. "You didn't tell me about the Chair of Cheer"

"Please, Mr. Grinch" Cindy Lou begged. "Please" 

"No. I can't do it, honestly. I'm not ready" The Grinch told the Whos before they placed him in the Chair of Cheer. "It's too much, too soon!"

"It's that time of year. The Cheer-meister's ride in the Chair of Cheer!" The Mayor announced. 

"Put me down! I mean it!" The Grinch warned the Whos. "I've got a lawyer! There'll be hell to pay!"

The adventure kids watched with Cindy as the Whobilation began, all hoping for the best for the Grinch even though it didn't seem that way yet.  

The party went on, with the Grinch being the cheermeister, he had to participate in all the activities. From games, to food judging, an eggnog drinking contest, and a Xmas conga. 

"He reminds me so much of Shrek" Teeders sighed, missing their old ogre friend. 

The adventure kids then watched the Grinch get his face stuffed with fudge and eggnog.