Chapter 6

The whipper-winds whipped high above the Who town. A trip or a slip you'd slide all the way down. But this girl had a mission. She knew what to do. She'd invite the Grinch herself, that brave Cindy Lou.   

The adventure kids knew exactly what they were getting into as they went with Cindy up to the top of Mount Crumpit. 

"Why did I have to come?" Cynthia complained like a little toddler. 

"Because that's your character flaw" Kali replied, explaining. "You come along with us on every adventure no matter how ridiculous it may sound"  

Cynthia gave her tomboyish friend a pouty face expression in reply, when the gang soon came up to the door. Cindy knocked first, but didn't get an answer. 

"Mr. Grinch? Mr. Grinch?" 

"Oh, well. He's not home. We tried. C'est la vie. Let's go home" Cynthia was about to leave, but Teeders stopped her by grabbing her jacket hood and pulled her back over to the others. 

Cindy soon opened the door which was surprisingly unlocked and entered with the adventure kids following her. 

"Awww" Cynthia took one sniff and already started gagging in disgust. 

She got out some perfume from her purse and started spraying it all around the Grinch's cave while the gang looked around for the misanthropic creature. 

They quickly found the Grinch, trying to drown out this Christmas music while getting his head bashed by a giant cymbal-playing monkey toy.  

The kids slowly came up while Cindy bravely reached her hand out and tapped on the harry, green creature's shoulder to get his attention. 

"Excuse me?" 

"Hmm?" The Grinch stood up straight and forcefully stopped the monkey from crashing its cymbals, causing it to short-circuit. He then slowly looked down over to the group of kids. 

"You'll hurt yourself doing that" Kali calmly told the Grinch, referring to the whole bashing his head with the cymbals. 

There was a quiet long pause as the groups stared at each other while half of the adventure kids were huddled together. Cynthia was scared mostly at seeing this monster-like creature.

"If you're going to eat us, please, take Cynthia first" David told the Grinch, stuttering a little and pushed the fashionista forward. "She has more taste on her". And by that, David was referring to all the makeup Cynthia wore. 

"DAVID!" Cynthia exclaimed, glaring towards him.  

There was another long pause and stare between the green creature and the kids, until.... the Grinch finally spoke. 

"Hello... little children..."

"How dare you enter the Grinch's lair! The impudence! The audacity! The unmitigated gall!" The Grinch cried out dramatically. "You called down the thunder, now get ready for the boom! Gaze into the face of fear... Booga booga!"

"Mr. Grinch, my name is Cindy Lou Who" The little Who girl introduced herself. 

"And we're the adventure kids" Kali introduced her gang since she was the leader.

"You see?" The Grinch pointed to them, grinning wickedly. "Even now the terror is welling up inside you" 

"We're not scared" Ann said. 

"Neither am I" Cindy added. 

"I know I am" Cynthia mumbled under her breath. 

"Denial is to be expected in the face of pure evil" The Grinch told them before he started making ridiculous scary faces at them.