Chapter 18 : Perfect

You were taken back into the birthing suit right after you got there. Dean helped you change into a hospital gown, and then the doctors hooked you up to all the machines and monitors.

The contractions were closer together and more intense now. Dean had a chair pulled right to the side of the bed and was always helping you through your contractions.

"So, mama, are you ready?" Dean asked as he placed a cool wash cloth on your face.

"I've been ready." You said as you tied your hair up in a bun.

"That's my girl." He said as he gave you a kiss on your forehead.

3 Hours Later
............................
Your contractions were super close and painful now. Dean held your hand and wiped your face with a cloth. He tried to help in anyway possible.

You always had a strong threshold for pain. You were shot in the shoulder one time and walked it off. So when a few tears escaped your eyes, Dean knew your were in really bad pain.

The doctor came in a looked at how dilated you were. 10 centimeters which meant you were ready to get the show on the road. Many nurses and doctors stood around and prepared. The doctor took a seat at the end of the bed, and one nurse instructed that you would be pushing on the next contraction. Moments later and it was coming on.

"Ok. Push 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10" The nurse counted as you pushed.

"Very good." The doctor said.

"Your doing so good, Baby." Dean whispered in your ear as you started to push again.

"1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10" The nurse counted again.

"Ok. Your crowning." The doctor said as the nurses shifted around the room.

"One more big push and your daughter is going to be here." The nurse said as you took Deans hand.

You squeezed like there was no tomorrow, and pushed as hard as you could. Suddenly you felt the worst pain you had ever felt in your life, but then the cry of your daughter. All the pain washed away as you saw her. The doctor laid her on your chest as the nurses cleaned her off.

"Sir, would you like to cut the umbilical cord?" The doctor asked holding a pair of tongs and scissors.

"Absolutely." Dean said as he took the scissors.

In a few moments Rosie was cleaned off and the umbilical cord was cut. The nurses soon had to take Rosie to be weighted, washed, and given her injections. You handed your daughter to the nurse who took her to the other side of the room. Dean stayed by your side.

"Look how beautiful she is. She looks just like her mother." He said pointing to Rosie.

You smiled and laid your head back on the pillow. You were exhausted. Rosie began crying and you looked over to Dean. 

"6 pounds 9 ounces." You heard the doctor pronounce.

You looked at Dean who was smiling big.

"She's healthy, no sign of anything wrong." The doctor said.

"See. She's perfect." Dean said reassuringly.

"She is." You agreed.

Rosie was soon finished with getting examined, and was placed in your arms again. You looked down at her and felt pure joy. Nothing could ever top this moment.

All the doctors had left now, and it was getting late

All the doctors had left now, and it was getting late. The room was dark except for the lights around the bed.

You looked over at Dean who was admiring her and you. You held your arms out signaling he could hold her. His face lit up and looked at you with a 'are you sure' look. You just nodded and Dean took his daughter into his arms. He leaned back in the seat and rocked her gently. You didn't notice your eyes were so heavy before you dosed off into a peaceful sleep.