t w o

The next morning Faith laid on Dean's bare chest as they were snuggled under the blankets. Both of them were wide awake but remained in bed just to enjoy the quiet time together. 

"I love you," Dean said in his rough morning voice as he stroked her hair away from her face. 

"I love you too," Faith smiled as she moved her head to look up at him. "We should probably get up. We have lives to save," She said as she rose from the bed and walked over to her bag to start getting dressed. Dean just laid there and watched with a small grin on his face. 

"Get up," Faith said, picking up a pillow and throwing it at his face. He lightly chuckled as he grabbed her arm and pulled her back down on the bed. He gave her a small kiss before raising from the bed and heading to the bathroom. 

Sam knocked on the door and Faith jumped from the bed to go unlock it. 

"Good morning, Sammy," Faith chirped as he walked in the door. 

"Hey." He said smiling, his arms already full of books. Dean walked out fully dressed for the day a few moments later. They all sat around the small table and dug into the evidence they had, trying to locate the nest. Unanimously, they decided to change into their FBI outfits to go look at the scenes and question witnesses. Faith raised from the table as she slipped into the bathroom to change. 

Dean stared as Faith walked back out of the bathroom

Dean stared as Faith walked back out of the bathroom. "I think Sam could handle the interrogating alone if you wanted to stay behind," 

"Nope," Faith shot down Dean's offer, knowing there was a job to be done. 

"Damn it," Dean said under his breath. "It was worth a shot," He continued as he looked over at Sam who just shrugged his shoulders. Once they were all changed, they slid into the Impala and pulled back into the highway. 

Several hours later, they all three stood outside of the abandoned barn where they located the vamp nest. Each of them had machetes and vials of dead man's blood in their hands, ready for whatever was behind the door. 

"On three we go in nice and quiet," Dean said. "Be careful." He said looking at Faith. She nodded her head and flashed a half-smile. 

"Okay. 1.....2.....3....." Dean counted before he slowly creaked the door open. 

Each of them walked in a split up in different directions. 12 vampires lay asleep in hammocks that hung from the ceiling. One by one they were either injected with dead man's blood or had their head sliced from their shoulders. Faith had killed 7 by the time she saw Dean again. He continued to the back of the barn, and her heart skipped a beat when she noticed an empty hammock. At that moment, she heard a low growl behind her and sliced backward in one quick motion. She only hit his chest, which pissed him off more. She quickly reached for the dead man's blood, but the vampire threw her to the ground before she could. 

Dean looked over his shoulder after hearing a faint thud. His wife was on the ground as the alpha of the pack stood over her. Dean suddenly filled with rage as he hurried to her assistance. 

She winced in pain as she picked herself up off the ground. She gripped tight to her machete, determined to take another swipe to kill the vampire. Growing annoyed, the vampire grabbed her by the neck and picked her up off the ground. His shark nails continued to get tighter until the feeling of warm blood trickled down the back of her neck. He let out a quiet evil chuckle as he took his other hand and sliced her stomach with his nails. Faith tried to yell out in pain, but the force applied to her neck wouldn't allow anything to escape past her lips. 

Suddenly, Faith found herself back on the ground, gasping for air, and pressed tightly to her stomach to hold pressure. Dean stood behind the vamp and had cut off its head. Dean immediately leaned down next to her, taking off his flannel, and replaced her hands with his so that he was holding pressure. Sam finished off the rest of the vamps and made his way to their side. 

"How bad is it?" Sam asked, looking down at the now blood-soaked flannel. 

"Bad enough," Dean said as he picked Faith up bridal style and carried her out of the barn. "Get us back to the motel, Sammy," Dean instructed as he laid her down in the back seat and sat down where her head was in his lap. 

"Dean," Faith tried as she clinched her eyes from the pain of talking as bruises began to form from the pressure of the vamp's hand around her neck. 

"Shh shh," Dean said, giving a fake smile for reassurance. "You know I'm not gonna let anything happen to you," He said, continuing to hold pressure on her stomach. She began to grow weak at the loss of blood and slowly started to close her eyes. "Hey," Dean said, rubbing the hair out of her face. "Let me see those pretty eyes," He encouraged. It was too late, she was already unconscious. "Come on, Sam!" He yelled as worry laced his voice. 

The beeping of machines was the next thing that Faith heard when she woke up. She saw that her husband's head lay on the bed next to her hand that was engulfed in his. 

"Dean?" She had groaned in pain. He immediately woke up, his eyes searching her as if he were making sure she was okay. "Why am I in the hospital?" She asked, her throat still hurting. 

"Sam and I tried to stop the bleeding, but it was just too deep. We didn't have a choice," Dean explained, seeming relieved that she was awake. Faith nodded her head as she tried to sit up. The sudden wave of pain stopped her from raising any farther. 

"Just relax. You're gonna be a little sore," Dean said, pushing your shoulders back against the bed. Faith threw her head back against the pillow in frustration. 

"I'm sorry, Dean," She said finally. 

"What in the world do you have to be sorry for?" He asked surprised as he sat back down in the chair beside the bed, taking her hand in his again. 

"I messed up on the hunt. I don't know what's wrong with me," She said, beating herself up even more. 

"Hey, don't even go there." He started as he turned her cheek where she would look at him. "You are the best female hunter I have ever seen," He continued. "Anyone else would be dead," 

"I would be if you weren't there," She said, not even wanting to think about the alternative. 

"I will always have your back," Dean gave a soft smile, bringing up her chin as he placed a gentle kiss on her lips.