t h r e e

A two later, Faith stood in the mirror of her room and undid her bandages. Across her stomach were now three large scars. She continued to turn and stare at them, hating the way they made her look. After several more minutes, she pulled her shirt down over the scars and headed downstairs to where the boys were. 

"So where are we going?" Faith asked as the boys did research on their computers. Both brothers looked at each other, wondering which one of them was going to break the news. "What?" She asked confused as she walked over and sat in Dean's lap. 

"We aren't going anywhere," Dean finally spoke. "It's a simple vengeful spirit, so we called some fellow hunters to take care of it. 

"Why?" Faith asked annoyed. "I am still able to hunt," 

"We know, baby," Dean said, trying not to upset her even more. "We are just taking it slow."

She let out a huff, knowing there was nothing she could do or say to change either of their minds. "We just didn't think you needed to travel for a little while, and I am not leaving you here alone," He continued. Faith nodded her head in understanding, seeing no point in arguing about it. 

Faith stood up from Dean's lap and made her way back up to the bedroom. Dean knew that she wasn't happy, and decided to follow after her shortly after she disappeared up the stairs. 

"Sammy, why don't you go get us some pizza and beer for tonight?" Dean suggested before turning around and heading up the stairs after her. Sam nodded and made his way outside to the Impala. 

By the time Dean reached the bedroom, Faith was crying on the edge of the bed. "What's wrong? Dean asked in a frantic tone. "What happened?" He continued, making his way to her side. She now was crying harder, not being able to hide her emotions anymore. "Are you hurting?" He asked as he searched her eyes for answers. 

Faith simply hid her head in her hands and shook her head no from side to side. Dean came down and kneeled on the floor in front of her, trying to raise her head up. 

"I'm... I'm sorry." She barely croaked as it was hard to breathe when she got this upset. 

"Honey, for what?" He asked trying to help in any way possible. Faith finally stood up and walked back over to the mirror, staring at her scars. 

"This scar makes me hideous." She said, trying to slow her breathing back under control. 

"What? Hell no," Dean said confused as he picked himself up from the floor to come to her side again. "Don't you ever  say anything like that again, okay? This scar shows how tough and strong you are. If anything, it makes you even more beautiful." He said, turning her head away from the mirror and cupping her cheeks in his hands. "I love you and a silly scar isn't going to change that, okay? Nothing will ever change how much I love you." He said honestly, hurt in his eyes that she would ever think that way about herself. 

Dean rubbed his thumbs along her cheeks to wipe away the fallen tears. "Why do you always say the perfect thing?" Faith asked, slipping a small smile since she knew that he wasn't discussed by her. 

"I'm just telling the truth," He said, bringing her into his chest and hugging her tightly. 

"I love you too," She finally said, felling better and safe inside his arms.