o n e

The small dinner was fairly empty when Faith pushed open the heavy glass door. The smell of grease filled the air, almost enough to make someone drop dead of a heart attack on the spot.

"What can I get for you, sweetie?" A lady said from behind the counter.

"Just a strawberry milkshake, please," Faith answered as she browsed the room, profiling the few people scattered in different booths. She finally decided to sit in a corner booth where she was able to see the entrance and any dangers that may come through the door.

This was the mind of a hunter. Always be on the lookout and never let your guard down. If they did for even a second, someone was almost guaranteed to get hurt.

Faith pulled out her vampire research book and local news articles of recent deaths in the area. She highlighted and made notes as she read, trying to absorb everything her eyes scanned. She didn't even glance up when the waitress delivered her milkshake.

"Dean, I really think we need to call in Bobby," A tall, long-haired man said a couple of booths away. Faith rolled her eyes in annoyance as she tried to stay focused.

"We've taken on bigger vamp nest than this before, Sam. I think we can handle it ourselves," The man who was sitting across from him answered.

Faith froze as she was suddenly intrigued by their conversation. She threw her book and papers in her bag, before standing from the table. She walked over to where the two men were seated and slipped into their booth.

"Uhm, can we help you?" Sam asked, looking confused at the woman that was now sitting next to him.

"I think we might help each other," Faith replied. She reached over and took a couple of Dean's fries before continuing. "I'm a hunter also,"

"Really?" Dean asked, looking shocked.

"Yep, and I think you boys were just discussing my nest," She smiled as she pulled the articles back out of her bag and spread them across the table.

"That's a huge nest," Sam started. "You could never take them out alone,"

"I've taken out a bigger nest than this," She said with a proud grin.

"Alone?" Sam asked hesitantly.

"Yep," She replied, dipping a few more fries in ketchup.

"Really?" Dean asked again, looking starstruck.

"Is that the only word you know?" Faith teased.

"No, I'm just surprised. Have we met before?" Dean asked.

"No, I don't think so." She replied. "I'm Faith Ryleigh," She said holding out her hand. Dean and Sam happily shook it before continuing to talk about the case. Three days later, they found the nest and successfully took out all 10 vampires. They all hunted together since that day.

Five years later, Faith and Dean were then married. They both knew the dangers of hunting and being married, but neither one cared. They loved each other with all of their beings, which was scary in their line of work. They both promised that no matter what, they wouldn't try to save the other if it meant hurting themselves. However, deep down they both knew that was a lie if it came down to it. They would kill themselves a hundred times to save the other.

Faith woke up to the sound of Dean snoring, a sound she had now gotten used to over the years. She knew there was no use in trying to shut him up, so she kicked off the blankets and changed clothes before heading downstairs to make breakfast. Faith had easily figured out that the way to Dean's heart was food, mainly bacon and pie.