FOUR WALLS (1/2)

❝ she painted his roses red ❞
a mad hatter spin-off

❝ she painted his roses red ❞a mad hatter spin-off

you are my penicillin
you saved me

. . .

1st of November, 6:18 pm
(wednesday)

Buried beneath my heart were shame and regret for the biggest crime I've committed.

I kept my head low as two manly officers walked me into a separate police car, merely indicating that I wouldn't be joining Namjoon and Yoongi in jail.

They told me I'm mad, I'm insane.

I deserve to stay among the mentally ill criminals, all of us in a psychiatric hospital built to twist our madness.

All of us who did crimes that could be punishable by a life sentence or worse, death.

2nd of November, 8:05 am
(thursday)

"Kim Taehyung?" the nurse asked as he filled out the empty spaces on the form. "This is your room. Breakfast is at 7am, lunch is every 12 pm and dinner is every 7pm, all meals will be delivered here by our nurses. The only day you're allowed to leave this room is every Tuesday. Suit yourself."

I scanned the room, which would serve as my home from now on, and all I could see was white. The floor was covered with tiles, most of them have already cracked. My bed is not big enough to fit myself in, there was only one pillow for me to cry on.

Only one window is present in this room, the one on the door. It was just high enough so that I could glance on the outside without making so much effort. I plopped myself on the bed and loathed myself as soon as silence fell within the four walls of my room.

4th of November, 2:02 am
(saturday)

I couldn't sleep. I kept having nightmares about Jin screaming in pain as we held him down, pushing the blades deeper in his pale wrist.

"I'm —I'm sorry," it was all I could say to comfort myself. I sat on my bed and slapped my forehead. My conscience won't let me sleep, hell was raising itself inside my head.

"This is all your fault!" I blamed myself. I circled my room ten, twenty, thirty times before I noticed a girl staring at my room right through her window.