십이 : split

another day, another dayand nothing is quite what it seems

and nothing is quite what it seems

. . .

— hospital;

Jungkook grunted as he tried to move on the floor. Taehyung and Jimin were crouching beside him, confusingly staring at his face.

"What the hell just happened?" he questioned. His head still felt numb from what Tae's fist did to him.

"We should be the one asking, who the f.uck was that?" Mildly disturbed, Taehyung was.

The boy beside him lowered his head, scared that by the mention of his name, he would panic again. "Who was who?"

"That mot.herfuc.ker —"

"Is that father?" Jimin boldly cut Taehyung off. He took a deep breath before fixing his eyes on his precious younger brother who seems to have recognized which identity took over.

"N—no, he was ju—" His lips trembled, feeling sorry for what happened.

"Were you hiding him from me the whole time?" As much as he doesn't want to cry and to get mad at him, he couldn't help it. He wanted to tell Jungkook how fu.cked up he is and how much he wanted to hurt him for what he did, but he still loves him dearly.

Jimin understood troubled people more than anyone. He knows how it feels to be bound by the darkness that lurks in your thoughts every midnight, he knows how it feels to be the only person to comfort your own self after crying when no one's around.

"Hyung, I'm sorry..." Guilt crawled up to his spine. The only reason he hid that man is that he wanted to protect Jimin, but I guess his plan didn't work out.

He kneeled in front of him, constantly asking for forgiveness. Jimin didn't think twice to pull his stepbrother on his arms and comfort him with his own tears. It's fascinating how Jimin had a whole lot of space in his heart for acceptance. Perhaps that's why Jin was so fond of him.

"Hush now, I understand. It's okay." Jungkook rested his chin on the elder's shoulder. He continued sobbing until eventually, he got tired.

"Am I allowed to share a hug?" Taehyung spoke cheerfully.

That's what he wanted all along, the three of them getting cozy around each other. Jimin nodded before Tae wrapped his wide arms around both lads.