십칠 : truth?

no time for tears today

. . .

It was not an ordinary day for our hardworking Chief Deputy Yugyeom. The sunlight created fringes on his wall, the plant on his window had already withered from dehydration, the clicking sounds of the typewriters and keyboards were his mere indicators that everyone is having a busy day. The mood inside his personal office had tensed up more this time since he's one step away from interrogating all of Jin's friends. Not only did this add up to his stress, but also kept him wondering why they all seemed to have been telling different stories. Nothing seemed to match up.

He opened the folder of transcripts of all the interviews and skimmed them.

JIMIN
JIN: Kill me. Promise me that next time I do it, you will kill me.

"Jimin promised Jin to take his life."

TAEHYUNG
TAEHYUNG: Why won't you just fu.cking die?!

"Taehyung basically wants Jin dead."

HOSEOK
HOSEOK: What's the dare?
JIN: Kill me.

"Jin dared Hoseok to kill him."

JUNGKOOK
JUNGKOOK: Look here, kid. I will do you a favor and cut your wrist for you. I will be gentle, I promise.

"Jungkook is a fu.cked up kid."

NAMJOON
NAMJOON: You're mine, only. Mine. Do you understand?

"And, we have a possessive boyfriend. What do you all have in common?"

Setting the transcripts aside, Yugyeom carefully drank his coffee as he tried to crack the poetic message left between the pages of the book given to him, "when the last leaf falls, all your questions will be answered, at last, don't conclude the ending, without carefully looking at the past".

He turned over the cover and started to read the first chapter, down the rabbit hole.

"Why would they play out a crime out of a children's book?" he asked himself, hoping it would knock on his subconscious and somehow answer his queries.

In a slow manner, he read the story, vigilant not to leave a stone unturned.

Three hard knocks on his door caused a brief interruption in his reading session. "Chief? Someone's here to see you."

Yugyeom quickly hid his book. "Who is it?" he asked.

"It's me." Yoongi appeared on the door opening, wearing a black cap with three little rings hanging on the front-left side, his faded white skin was hidden under two layers of clothing.

"But I haven't called for you yet, what are you doing here?" He stood from his seat and raised an eyebrow at the lad before him.

"I'm here to tell you the truth." Yoongi removed his cap before he walked over to the window and slightly pulled apart the blinds that controlled the amount of sunlight entering the room.

"What do you mean?"

. . .
[Three months ago]

"Hyung, what the hell?!!" And then Yoongi landed his fist with full force on Jin's face.

"Don't blame me for your mistakes, Min Yoongi," Jin blabbered as he picked himself up from the floor. A smudge of dark, scarlet liquid was on his lower lip, but he just licked it off with his tongue.

"You have no idea how much danger she is in now!!"

"You did this to her..."

"How fu.cking dare you say that? You don't know us!!" He ran up to him and pushed him back on the ground. His hands clutched the collars of Jin's shirt and brought it up close to his face. "I won't forgive you if something happens to her. We both know how dangerous Hoseok is, yet you still told him about us." His sweat dripped on Jin's neck, but it was all nothing to him.

Jin even cracked up over what he said. What's so funny about it, though? Yoongi was right.

"We could have tea after this," he coolly said, while his eyes stared emotionlessly on Yoongi's face trembling with anger.

"I will NEVER forgive you." He let out a few gasps before his eyes cried in resentment.

He tightened his grip on Jin's collar and controlled his head with it. He banged his head senselessly on the floor until there were visible blood droplets all over. Jin shed bitter tears as his skull was intensely banged on the wooden flooring.

"Yoongi, s — stop!"

"You need to wake up to your senses!"

"St — stop, please stop! I can't — I, please," he howled like a child crying for help.

After one more drop, Yoongi finally released him. Jin curled up into a ball while he ran his hands over the back of his head. Blood played between his fingers and he became hysterical at the instant sight of it.

. . .

"Why did you stop talking?" Yugyeom desperately asked. He could've killed Jin at that very moment.

"That's all for now..." Yoongi sighed and examined the officer's office as if he was searching for something.

"What happened after what you did?! Did you kill him?!"

"Patience, chief deputy. I believe you still have something to read?" Yoongi simpered and secured his cap on top of his head.

"You told me you're going to tell me the truth!!"

"I just did." Yoongi slammed the door after him.

"Min Yoongi—!" He didn't like the way his name sounded to his ears. He threw himself back on his seat and slurped his coffee once again. Then, his eyes widened at the thought that crossed his mind.

i deeply appreciate your VOTES and especially the COMMENTS, and it's always fun reading them,
love love xx