Abercrombie

He didn't expect it to go wrong so quickly, for everything to fail so suddenly.

He didn't expect to get hurt that day.

To almost die that day.

But it happened, and it changed everything.

*******************************

Percy was early again.

It wasn't his fault the subway only left at specific times.

It was either some half an hour early or miss the session completely.

Besides it gave him some time to mentally prepare before going into see his therapist.

Therapist.

Therapy.

He never thought he'd be the type.
****************************

Apparently coming early had more advantages than he previously thought.

After all, Abercrombie was always there when Percy came early.

And Percy was always early.

Okay, that wasn't the blond strangers name but Percy had way to much anxiety to be able to correct himself. And besides he looked like the type to shop at Abercrombie and finch, so it was fitting he guessed.

Percy was perfectly content spending the rest of his days coming an hour early to therapy and having pretend conversations with Abercrombie in his head.

He imagined them as something poetic. Like some kind of conversation that would be in a cheesy but good romantic novel or a tragic romantic play.

And yet nothing ever worked out for Percy they way he imagined.

*****************************

The first time Abercrombie and Percy had a conversation, it wasn't in a romantic way or even semi extraordinary.

It wasn't even in the waiting room at the therapy center.

It happened out side of a Starbucks down the street from the tattoo parlor percy worked at.

Prior to the incident that merged their lives percy had dropped his, and Percy's co-worker Rachel, coffee all over Rachel's work station.

Rachel being the good friend she was simply rolled her eyes and gave Percy 5 to go up the street to get a new set of drinks.

Just about the same time Percy was going to open the door for the second time that day, he was knocked down by what felt like a ton of bricks and a wet substance that was covered in liquid fire.

Turns out the ton of bricks was Abercrombie and the liquid fire was simple scalding hot coffee.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Abercrombie said. "I'm so sorry."

"You already said that." Percy replied trying not to over react at the feeling of hot coffee soaking his cloths.

And shoes

And a little in his hair

Christ, how much coffee was this guy drinking?

After strenuous apologizing on Abercrombie's part and Percy reassuring him that it was no big deal, they said there goodbyes and started parting ways.

It got awkward when they were going the same way.

Percy, the new batch of coffee forgotten, was heading in the direction of "true blue" the tattoo parlor he worked at.

And it seemed Abercrombie was going the same way.

Percy walked into the parlor first and turned, surprised, to see Abercrombie following.

Abercrombie gave percy an awkward smile before walking in behind percy.

"Finally" Rachel called form her chair. "I swear I've been needing a coffee fix for- Hey what happened to you?"

Percy faced flushed red with embarrassment. He could only imagine what he looked like.

Probably closest to a wet dog.

"It was nothing" percy said as he ran to the back to change.

By the time Percy gotten back to the front with a clean set of cloths on (he often kept a set in the back because he was a bit clumsy these days) and had washed what he could of the coffee out of his hair Abercrombie was sitting in his chair.

In Percy's chair.

Where he tattooed people for a living.

Didn't rachel tell this kid he already had an appointment?

Unless

Fuck.

"Hey, I'm jason by the way." Abercrombie said " I guess spilling coffee on the person who is here go tattoo me is kind of putting things off to a bad start. Especially since it's my first tattoo." Jason finished with a small chuckle sending Percy into a shocked silence.

"Sorry." Jason said again "I talk when I'm nervous."

***************

Guess who's back???

Hey new readers and those from my other story "new beginnings"

It nice to see your reads again.

Just kidding it's a new story so I'm gonna have to put in work to make people wanna read but I'm okay with that.

Just a warning if you didn't read the description of the story: this is going to get angsty really fast, so don't read if that triggers you in any way.

But if your okay with a little sadness then by all means continue..

As always thx for reading 💕