Chapter Seven; The truth is out

I heard the front door of my house open from behind me and Tyler come rushing out. As soon as Brendan saw him he put me down and turned to him like it was some sort of cowboy shooting. They stared at each other for a while. I could see the anger in their eyes but my ribs were hurting too much from Brendan carrying me, I couldn't do anything to prevent a fight even if it happened. 

"You wanna know how i know your boyfriend Crystal?" Tyler paused squinting his eyes almost as though he was crazed. An evil grin grew on his face before he continued to pour words out his mouth. "He buys his drugs off me.' Tyler looked at me as though he was enjoying telling me this. I looked at Brendan, he was staring at the floor looking uninterested. 

"W-what?" I stuttered. Was he being serious? My boyfriend? My boyfriend takes drugs? Brendan?
 I could hardly breathe. The thought of him meeting up with these guys, taking drugs. Who was he taking them with? Why? What made him do it? So many questions were running through my mind. 

"Crystal, it's not like that. Honestly, I was gonna tell you."
"So you are? I mean, I couldn't really believe it if I'm being honest. But you've kind of just admitted it right there."

I barged past both of them and stomped my feet on the porch steps, walking  through the door to the house and turning to look at the man that had started to follow me back home.

"Its over Brendan. I don't want an untrustworthy boyfriend. I don't wanna be with a guy that can't tell me the truth. Don't you think I've been through enough because of drugs? You know? That tiny thing that happened with my mother?" I looked at him before slamming the door, shortly followed by Tyler.

"Hey, hey, hey.. Crystal? I'm sorry I had to tell you like that. I really am, I just thought you deserved to know."
I could feel the tears escaping from my eyes, my mascara running down my face and my voice shaking. I turned around to look at Tyler and put my hand in front of his face. 
"Oh shut up Tyler!" I replied. "Puh-lease! You were enjoying every little bit of telling me that my boyfriend takes those disgusting things you associate yourself with. And if you think for one split second that your gonna be able to put your greasy hands all over me now, you can think again."

I ran upstairs to my room and slammed the door behind me. Tonight had gone so much different to what i had planned. I sat on my bed, crying. Thinking everything through. Remembering everything Brendan said to me and how he said it, how he didn't even try to defend himself. All of those times.. All those times he was angry with me, was he on drugs then? Is that why he overreacted all the time and potentially had an anger problem? When did he start taking them? Who got him to start taking them?

The memories of everything me and Brendan had been through were tainted. I had no idea whether he meant anything he said,  because of the drugs. He was probably so high he didn't even realize what he was saying. Was he even the guy I thought he was? The guy that told me he loved me, that he'd protect me and that he wanted to stay with me forever? Or was that 'high' Brendan. God, i don't even know what he takes. I wonder what he takes? How much does he take and how often? There were so many things i wanted to know but when it boiled down to it, I didn't even care. I was so done.

I looked at myself in the mirror again. What actually happened? I was so happy earlier. I looked at the time. 10:57PM. It wasn't that late. I could still have a good night? I wasn't going to let Brendan ruin my night and make me stay up here in my room all night, that's exactly what he would of wanted. I wasn't going to let him win. I had no boyfriend now. I could have some fun! There's a room full of good looking guys downstairs and I'm sat up here? Was i mental? I mean i know it's a little slutty thinking like this but i didn't mean anything would happen. But a little harmless flirting wouldn't hurt anyone? Just not with Tyler. Hmm. I think i'll go make some new friends..