7

Rebecca

I run my hands down the side of my thigh as I see him walk in with some of his buddies. I walk past them as they goof around and sit in the booth. I sit down and release the breathe of air I didn't know I was holding in.

Jack is laughing at Kaitlyn who is cleaning up the table with a rag, "You three sure know how to make a mess." Janice laughs as Kaitlyn gives her back the rag, "I'm just pullin your leg." She laughs and a blonde bouncy curl falls from her bun, "Is there anything else I can get you guys?" She points at us with her pencil, "Uh I think-" I cut Jack off, "Another milkshake for everyone." She nods, "I'll be back."

They look at each other, "What? They have good milkshakes." Kaitlyn's eyes grow two sizes, "Where is he?" She whispers, "What?" I try to push her off along with the normal pang in my stomach, "He's not here." I roll my eyes laughing, "Yeah okay." Jack says looking around the restaurant. I snap my fingers at him and he looks at me. I shake my head, "We're just gonna sit here and enjoy our milkshakes." I say pointing my finger at the both of them. They both stay quiet and we sit in silence for a couple minutes.

I look over and see Janice walking out with our milkshakes. She gives me a smile as she comes closer and I give her a soft smile. She looses her footing and drops the glasses on the floor. I squeal covering my face, "Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" She gushes covering her face, "I'm such a klutz!" I uncover my face and see our milkshakes mixed with various pieces of glass. I look at Jack and Kaitlyn and he got most of the milkshakes on him.

I sigh looking at Janice who is crying, "Hey don't cry about a couple milkshakes, it's no biggie I promise Janice." She wipes her cheeks with the back of her hand, "At least none of you got cut right?" I nod and her eyes double as she looks over the milkshakes on the floor, "Is that strawberry or blood?" She whispers to herself and I lift up my feet to check and see blood slowly running down my white converse.

I take a deep breath, "Shit." I say a little louder than I wanted to. All eyes were on us, "You're bleeding." She begins to get pale as she backs up hitting the table behind her, "Janice calm down, I'm fine I promise! It's not even that bad!"

Totally lying. I'll probably need stitches just by the amount of blood.

The small pang in my stomach begins to intensify and everything around me begins to turn into a huge mess.

I hear people getting up and I know exactly who it is. One employee comes out with a mop and the other comes out holding the first aid kit.

I grab a wad of paper napkins and bunch them up as I press it to my leg, "Who's bleeding Janice?" I look up and it's like a slow motion picture. He's in his uniform, fuck he's so hot. His hair his styled as he runs his hand through it, "Hey boss." Another guy points to me sitting in the booth. He turns his head and his grey, hazel eyes meet my brown. It was like the world just stopped and everything was spinning just a little.

Someone mops up the glass so someone can pull me out, "Boss?" Andre looks at the guy and nods before reaching into the booth for me, "Come on." His voice is light as he takes the napkin wad from my bloody fingers. He gently pulls me out and I can't stand on that foot without a butt ton of pain. He throws my arm around his shoulder and holds onto it with his hand. His other arm wraps around my waist as he walks me over to a chair and sits me down.

He pulls up a chair, "Give me towels and the first aid kit." I slump in my chair as he orders people around. He swiftly pulls a chair in front of me and someone comes out with a clean towel. He lays the towel on his thigh and takes hold of my calf pulling it up and rests my ankle on his thigh. His fingers pull at my laces and as he takes it off I squeal covering my mouth. I sit up straight and he stays trained on my ankle, "That's what I thought."

He takes my ankle off and wraps the towel around my calf to stop the blood from flowing as bad I think, "What is what you thought?" His eyes meet mine as I sit clinging to the chair, "Can you walk?" I look down at my leg, "I think so." He sighs and picks me up bridal style. I wrap my arm around his neck and he walks out and his team following, "Wait." I say looking back but he keeps walking, "Where are you taking me?" I ask but he just opens the passenger door and sits me inside. I hold my bloody shoe in my hand as the pain sits in, and he clicks my seat belt.

He closes my door and they obey what ever he said and walk back inside. He gets in and clicks his seat belt as he revs up the engine. I hear a click and his sirens start up. I lay my head back in the seat and he swerves out of the parking lot. A wave of nausea hits me and suddenly I regret eating anything at all.

The closest hospital is 30 to 45 minutes away without horrible traffic.

But there's always traffic isn't there?

We come to a dead stop not even the sirens could make a difference. He curses under his breath and flips off the sirens. I close my eyes as nausea really begins to set in and I click off my seat belt. I unlock the door and lean out emptying my stomach. I wait a moment before sitting back in the seat and closing my door. I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand and he shoves a water bottle in my face. I take it and take a drink and then another.

I watch as he checks behind us and in the lame next to us, "Damn it." His voice is a low growl. I pull my hair in a messy bun on top of my head, "What's wrong?" He asks looking at me. I shake my head, "Just a little hot." The back of his head is cold against my sweaty face, "Shit, shit." He flips on his sirens and backs up as much as he can before swerving out and going back the way we came. I rub my chest, "I don't feel so good." I mumble crouching over sticking my head in between my legs, "What's wrong?" He says and I can feel the car swerve.

"Becca you have to sit up." He pulls me up by my shoulder, "Put on the seat belt." He commands and I pull out the seat belt and click it. This isn't the because of the cut on my leg, something else is wrong.

Really fucking wrong.

I attempt to wipe some sweat from my face, "God I'm so screwed." I say rubbing my thighs, "Just breathe, I'm gonna get you some help." His hands grip the wheel and I can feel my whole body breaking out in a full sweat fit.

I look at the road ahead of me and everything is blurry and a dizzy feeling sits in my stomach, "I'm gonna pass out." He looks at me before looking back at the road, "Hey talk to me." I close my eyes, "About what?" My voice is turning hoarse, "Anything Becca." I groan and hold my stomach, "I don't wanna pass out Andre." I grab onto his upper arm, "Keep talking." He says pushing his car way above the speed limit, "I'm scared."

And just like that I broke.

And right in front of him.

My sobbing wasn't helping my condition in the slightest, "Scared of what?" I know what he's trying to do, keep me from passing out, "Everything." I cry and my hand falls from his arm, "I never wanted this to happen!" I begin to double over and he pushes me back into the seat, "I don't want to die Dre, it's not right my stomach really hurts." I watch as we zoom pass other cars as we pull on the interstate, "Hey I'm not letting you die okay." I smack my leg, "God I'm making such a fool of myself." Andre takes hold of my hand, "What else?"

He's just trying to keep me talking, "I hate myself.." His thumb rubs against my sticky skin, "I'm so fucking tired." I say and everything's black.

"Becca!"