Legend of the Flying Wig

Start from the beginning

As he showered, Kale sat on the bed and fidgeted nervously. Her heart raced as she thought of the spending the entire day with Cabba. Of course, Caulifla would be there too, but she knew that her sis was smart and considerate enough to give she and Cabba some time alone.

There was a knock on the door and Caulifla came in before Kale could answer. The woman looked worse for wear, having not gotten much sleep last night; she'd been too angry. The fight she and Goku had was rough, and though she healed quickly thanks to her saiyan genes, she was covered with bruises and other lacerations that were still recovering. In other words, she was (almost) absolutely fine. She had decided to don the outfit she normally wore before she started her training.

"Caulifla," Kale said, mildly surprised. "Cabba's still bathing so if you don't mind waiting..."

"It's fine," Caulifla told her, sounding as tired as she looked.

"D-do you want to wear something else?" asked Kale, remembering the taxi driver's advice on not showing too much skin.

"... I suppose. What do you have?"

As they rummaged through the closet, Kale decided to strike up some conversation. "I'm so glad you'll be joining us today... I don't know what'd I do without you. Are you going to buy some new gis?"

At once Caulifla stiffened. "No. There's no need."

"O-oh... Why's that sis?"

Caulifla's hands gripped particularly tightly on a purple dress as she pulled it aside and grabbed a plain blouse and pants. She growled under her breath, making Kale step back slightly in alarm.

When Caulifla didn't answer and began changing instead, Kale tried again. "Is everything okay, sis?"

Caulifla buttoned up her blouse and rolled the sleeves up. "Okay?" She hesitated. "Yes, everything's okay now that I'm here with you. You're my beacon in the dark, remember?"

Kale beamed at the compliment but then frowned slightly. "A-are you sure, sis? You look... down."

Caulifla flashed her a forced grin. "Maybe if you smile and laugh today, I won't feel so down. A day without laughter is a day wasted, Kale. And trust me when I say that you've already wasted many days." She finished buttoning her blouse and out her pants on. "So will you do me a favor Kale?"

"Sure...! What is it?"

"Laugh, Kale. I want you to laugh and enjoy yourself, today. Don't worry about me. As long as you're happy, I'm happy." Caulifla gave her protégée a thumbs up. "Okay?"

"Okay!"

xXx

"... And I mean it when I say no flying in front of people!" Bulma finished. She tossed them a Hoi Poi capsule. "If you really want to experience life as a human, take this. It's got a self-driving car inside it. It's still a prototype but since I invented it, it's perfectly safe!" The heiress rubbed her chin. "Speaking of driving, at least one of you should try and get a driving licence if you're going to stay here long term."

"Thanks, Bulma. And please tell Master Vegeta I'm really sorry for missing out on training today," said Cabba.

Are we going to stay here long term? wondered Caulifla. Cabba and Kale had only come here because of her. Now that she was no longer training with Goku, what purpose did she have here? She snorted. The training hadn't even lasted a week before Chi Chi intervened.

"Yeah, yeah. You go on and have fun guys," Bulma told them, waving as she back-pedalled. "I have to get back to my lab... Lot's of things to consider," she muttered under her breath.