Introducing....

Talia Maria Woods

I was named after my grandmother on my Dad's side. A woman who didn't even like me enough to meet me. When my mom became pregnant with me it was a war between families. My mom's strict Mexican household hated that my mom got pregnant out of wedlock and to a black man. My dad's family just hated the judgemental family my mom had. Every time they tried to get together it always ended in fights. Then came the fight about where they would live. My mom was originally from London. My dad was from New York. Once my parents decided on London my grandmother vowed that he had chosen his side so that was that.

Growing up I always felt different. I always wanted to know my black side of my family and I never could. I always felt as if a part of me was missing. My parent's relationship suffered at the hands of this rift. It got too overwhelming and they split up when I was 10. I always blamed myself. My mother must have blamed me too because when he left she changed for the worse. It was as if looking at me made her feel sick. She got into drinking heavy and beat me almost every day. Slurring insults on a daily. She just wasn't my hero anymore.

Along with blaming myself, I went into a downward spiral with drugs and alcohol. I thought I found a woman I could trust to love me but the heartbreak sent me over the edge.

The only thing that made me feel happy and safe was when I was singing. At 21 I was discovered at a local talent show and I've been working to build my career ever since. I finally decided at 24 I wanted to leave London. I had to. One day I couldn't take my depression anymore. I packed my bags and moved to LA. I have yet to look back. I have a pending record deal and can't wait to start my career.

Kamilah Vasquez

At 24 I've been through so many hardships and turmoil. My parents both died when I was too young to understand their lifestyle and I was tossed from foster family to foster family until I found one in Oakland, CA. I finally had a forever home at age 10. However, it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. I was in a house full of kids so no one ever noticed me or cared when things got crazy. After countless years of bullying and abuse in and out of school, I finally had enough. I'm finally living my life with me now. The only thing that kept me sane was music, weed and my best friend Ed.

I've been living in LA now for 1 year now trying to pursue my dream to be a singer. I refuse to let anyone stop me from my dream!